Social Dinner with Jay-Z or $500K

Am I allowed to torture Jay-Z into giving me more money?

Just asking questions...

If not, then yeah, money obviously.

I already reached my limits as a rapper so Jay-Z isn't going to help me grow in that regard. I feel that when it comes to business acumen you'd be better off picking Master P, J Prince, Puffy or Tony Draper's respective brains.

Mbbjon0.png

If you've been on the internet lately, you've probably seen that debate that was going around: "Would you rather get $500,000 or sit down to have dinner with Jay-Z". The implication being, sitting down with someone as noteworthy and influential as him would be far more valuable than half a million dollars.

Jay-Z answered the question himself in an interview with Gayle King, stating one should take the money, "You've got all that [wisdom] in the music for $10.99."

To me, this debate is silly. Lol.

I don't know who in their right mind would turn down half a million dollars to have dinner with him (or any person for that matter!)

Now I've heard the idea before of "you can get far more value sitting down with a billionaire than you would from x amount of money!"

First of all, while I think it'd be wise to listen to ANYONE in Jay-Z's position on financial matters, I don't think there is anything he can say that would just be absolutely life-changing, same with if you sat down with Warren Buffet, or Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, etc.

I think anything worth saying about success, rich guys have already been saying for centuries. Jigga (Jay-Z) has obviously excellent work ethic - that's something that can be modeled, combined with, of course, amazing talent - not everyone can get that! I'd say anyone prominent in Hollywood would also have a huge slice of luck in the pie graph of success... Jay Z himself said in interviews he could've been in jail or dead if he was unlucky.

Anyway, I just thought it was a funny debate and those are my thoughts on it. I think anyone pretending they'd turn down the money is virtue signaling or being disingenuous. Hell, get 500k reach out ot his people and pay a quarter mill to have sit down with Jay Z... surely even he wouldn't turn that down, right?

OJAxzy1.png
People pay more than that to have dinner with Warren Buffet. They're already economically savvy enough that they can use his advice to make wiser investment decisions with their wealth.

A regular Joe Schmo should probably just take the money though.

I'd take $1000 over the dinner. No interest in rap music.

I'd pay $100 bucks to punch jay-z in his cocksucking face.
I'd pay twice.

Back