Dirty Fighters of the UFC Past and Present

Jones, Dirty Bob, Paul Harris, and Kyle are the worst. Theres breaking rules then there is down right trying to injure people, those four should have trouble getting lisenced to fight because of the shit they pull.

I can only think of 3 guys that I can say for sure fought/fight dirty.....Jon Jones, Gilbert Yvel, and Palhares.

Jones
Bisping
Palhares
Gilbert Yvel
Gary Goodrige
Sokoudjou
Mike Kyle
Koscheck
Yoel
Marquardt
Gegard Gordeau
Wes Sims
Caraway

Matt Lindland

a23abb12a709450e5a07af2859079d8d.png

How so? The Jorge Rivera fight?

Among others. He’s notorious for a cup check in almost every fight I’ve seen him in. This is a quote from Tim Kennedy, and sums up Bisping as a fighter.

Not just spitting on opponents, not just kneeing downed opponents, etc. etc. etc. He always eye gouges. He always kicks to the groin. He always grabs shorts. He always grabs the cage. He always lifts his arm over the top of the cage. Not habitually, but always. Every fight, he does it. He's a dirty fighter."

John Hess, SAFTA master, from the early days of the UFC. A fighter so dirty that he got fined for breaking the rules in an anything goes tournament.

Ricardo Arona sticking his finger into Sakuraba's cuts was very disgusting. Especially since how nice of a guy Sakuraba is. Arona never really had a history of a dirty fighter but sawing that really pissed me off.

One could argue that Kongos nut crusher was an intentional move,, since it happened almost every match

Holy fuck it's criminal it took till the bottom of the first page to mention Kongo that dude has cracked more nuts than a vegetarian

Jones
Palhares
Yvel
Jon Hess
"Dirty" Bob Schrieber
Renzo (stomp on Spijkers neck after the fight and soccer kick on unsuspecting Marquardt after his fight with Almeida)
Mike Kyle
Daley simply for the Kos sucker punch
Gerard Gordeau

Bisping, Jones, Palhares and Gilbert Yvel are the Mount rushmore of UFC cheap fighters.

If I had the skills I'd photoshop a picture of all 4 together on Rushmore.
does yvel really even count? how many times did he fight in ufc? i dont really think of him as a ufc fighter nor do i think there was much controversy in his tenure.

Iceman comes to mind.

i

Jones, Bisping, Palhares, Kongo, Yvel, Kyle.

Among others. He’s notorious for a cup check in almost every fight I’ve seen him in. This is a quote from Tim Kennedy, and sums up Bisping as a fighter.

Not just spitting on opponents, not just kneeing downed opponents, etc. etc. etc. He always eye gouges. He always kicks to the groin. He always grabs shorts. He always grabs the cage. He always lifts his arm over the top of the cage. Not habitually, but always. Every fight, he does it. He's a dirty fighter."
I can't remember him chronically cheating as Tim says, but i also take everything he says with a grain of salt. I can't remember ever thinking he was a dirty fighter but I'm also not running back his fights to double check!

Y'all have no idea who Eddie Alvarez is, Do You??

Jon Jones still holds this belt at least.

View attachment 414487 In the midst of the Poirier/Alvarez rematch I started thinking about other times a fighter has gotten caught doing dirty shit during a fight.

View attachment 414485

Immediately thought of Bryan Caraway fish hooking that Mexican kids mouth to finish setting up the RNC. Crazy the ref didn’t catch that..
who are some others?
I legit loled on this one...

@ 1mn10

Back