Disney Infinity Help

Teknik

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Can you guys help me out with this? I'm looking to get the Disney Infinity Marvel game for my 4 year old for Christmas. I don't quite get how it works. I guess you buy a game disk that comes with a platform. From there you buy the figures and set them on the platform. You then get to use that character in the game.

So if I buy a marvel starter pack that comes with thor, iron man, and black widow, do i just get to play the marvel universe?

If I get a spider man figure, and set him on the base, does it then open up the spider man world?

What if I go buy the disney characters? If I set them on the base does it then open up the disney universe with donald duck and shit? Or do i have to buy something else.

I don't have 2.0 yet(getting it for the kid for Christmas), but that's how the first one worked. If you had The Incredible characters up you would be in their world, then if you put a Monsters Inc. guy on there it would bounce over to a different world. There is 2 player co-op during the main campaigns, but it has to be the same cast of characters, you can't cross worlds in the campaign. When you go into Toy Box mode you can play anyone you want co-op and create your own world. Didn't dive to much into toy box since my kid is only 4 and didn't have the attention span to watch dad try and create stuff.

From what I've read 2.0 accepts characters from the original, so I'm going to make some worlds and have The Incredibles beat down The Fantastic 4.

It's changing so fast (already version 2 is out)...we bought version 1 last Christmas for our then 5yr old (now 6 and b-day in March) and he hasn't really been interested in it until very recently. Plus, there is a significant amount of reading required, so if you're kid isn't reading, or reading at about a grade 3 or higher level yet, you'll need to be nearby all the time to let them know what to do...maybe version 2 has more talking characters and less reading required, not sure...

Thanks for the info. I know he won't really "play" the game, but he'll love running around as a superhero hitting stuff. I have sly cooper on my ps3 he will fight the same 3 guys 50 times in a row and loves it.

Damn these kids' games sound pretty awesome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back