Disney is dying

By the way, a few weeks ago there was articles celebrating Disney's claim in the 10 years of owning Star Wars its generated 10 billion.

I didn't dive into the details, but it reeked of bullshit.

And apparently its been confirmed to be bullshit.

Disney ‘Star Wars’ Box-Office Profits Fail To Cover Cost Of Buying Lucasfilm​

By the way, a few weeks ago there was articles celebrating Disney's claim in the 10 years of owning Star Wars its generated 10 billion.

But... but the resorts!!

But... but the resorts!!

Thats just the box office not the money they've made off the entire franchise. And whether it already did or didn't pay off the 4 billion its going to pay off that tab eventually. Its just a matter of how fast it happens.

Also most of that purchase was done in stock not cash.

Xmen 97 is a recent show on Dinsbey Plus. Check it out and hope we have more like that coming.

All women are bosses now in Star Wars LOL
Just a shame none of them are good at their jobs. Then again, none of the leaders in Star Wars anymore are apparently good at what they do. And when they are, they get slapped down by higher ups for not knowing their place.

Good Lord, is Star Wars writing terrible now.

I'd guess it would be quite hard to qualify as Starwars content in the last 5 years has all been on Disney+, how much income does that account for? how much is building a userbase worth?

I would argue really though the "Disney Formula" which allowed them to get so big was based on buying out studios which were still fairly young and vital, Pixar and Marvel I think had not become as bogged down by talentless execs, the creatives were much more in control and Disney by end large did not fuck around with them THAT much. Lucasfilm though was rather different, the major creative force their in Lucas himself was forced out for PR reasons due to the prequels unpopularity and Kennedy ended up running the show without really having any history of making creative decisions. The result was I think far worse, hiring Abrams was exactly what I'd expect from an exec like that(or Disney execs above her), it was the "easy" decision to have him recreate his Trek films but lacked the understanding to see he was not a good thing long teir, just a quick nostalgia fix.

Pixar and Marvel are I think now starting to show their age a bit, starting to get bogged down the same as other studios repeating a similar formula to diminishing returns and Disney havent really had anything to replace them.

Even their Star Wars themed hotel at Disney World bombed. Not surprising, considering it cost $5000 for a two day stay.

That said, I'm sure they've generated quite the amount of revenue off of Star Wars, but how much are they spending on it?

Just a shame none of them are good at their jobs. Then again, none of the leaders in Star Wars anymore are apparently good at what they do. And when they are, they get slapped down by higher ups for not knowing their place.

Good Lord, is Star Wars writing terrible now.
Lol star wars writing was terrible from the first movie on.

I don't agree with that. It's a byproduct of hiring activist morons for important positions(who then hire more activist morons).
tumblr_m43fmnEFfl1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

It doesn't really say it's bullshit. The reality is that the article doesn't know and it can't be determined based on the information available.

What is known is that the new movies haven't generated enough in profits to cover the cost. But all of the revenue streams aren't accounted for nor are all of the costs.

Lol star wars writing was terrible from the first movie on.

Aspects of it were, for sure, but they made magic and the writing had a lot to do with it.

Whoever wrote this wrote one of the most powerful, magical, inspirational monologues I had ever heard.

Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.

Left to his own devices Lucas would have failed miserably, but for the first two films he had a LOT of help. And it showed.

I cancelled Disney last month. I have liked 2 shows in the last 4 years. Andor and Werewolf by Night. Bad Batch animated was good too. But after at least a dozen fails--She-Hulk, Obi Wan, Boba Fet, Moon Knight, Echo, Loki, Asohka, Dr. Who, Percy Jackson, Secret Invasion. Marvels, etc....you just feel like a kid that keeps sticking his finger in a socket and getting the same result. Leadership at Disney sucks. They do not care about quality, only diversity and it has killed them. South Park hit the nail on the head.

Better than Rebels?

I liked Andor a lot more, but I know a lot of people loved Rebels.

I think in terms of acting, story telling and world building Andor was much, much better, but I've heard people say Rebels was a lot more entertaining.

Also, I'm the wrong person to ask about Rebels; I hate that animation style. I really liked Tales of the Jedi, though. Visions was pretty great too. I enjoyed those shows a lot more than Rebels.

I cancelled Disney last month. I have liked 2 shows in the last 4 years. Andor and Werewolf by Night. Bad Batch animated was good too. But after at least a dozen fails--She-Hulk, Obi Wan, Boba Fet, Moon Knight, Echo, Loki, Asohka, Dr. Who, Percy Jackson, Secret Invasion. Marvels, etc....you just feel like a kid that keeps sticking his finger in a socket and getting the same result. Leadership at Disney sucks. They do not care about quality, only diversity and it has killed them. South Park hit the nail on the head.

They don't care at all about diversity, they care about money. End of story.

They don't care at all about diversity, they care about money. End of story.

Chuds don't understand that middle aged white men aren't Disney's target demographic.

The under 18 demographic is majority non-white. And 18-24 is just barely over 50% white (50.5%).

Disney is first and foremost a company that revolves around children at its core.

Back