Crime Disney sues DeSantis

The sweetheart deal has been good for both parties for a long time. DeSantis is using governmental powers to lash out at a company he disapproves of.
That sounds a lot like what Biden has done since day 1 with the energy industry. You and I can bitch about it or disagree with it but that's about it. Ultimately Disney bit the hand that fed them and now they are getting reigned in. I guess if the people of Florida want Disney to be in charge, they can vote for someone else next time?

I mean, will he deny that the steps he has taken wasn’t to hurt their business?

I’ve never in my life agreed with Disney having their special status. However, this is a pretty clear cut case. Desantis is trying suppress their 1st amendment rights with political retaliation. It’s really not even a discussion it’s so obvious.

Don't worry, the firm representing Florida in this case, one of the lawyers was an old roommate of Meatball's. So it should work out great for him in court. When I look for a lawyer, I always choose the guy, who I funneled beer with in my 20's, I mean like Disney can afford good lawyers, because we all know go woke go broke.
Just like he stuffed the new Disney board with his donors, if you are buddies or donated money to Meatball he is going to hook you up.

The new thing Meatball wants to do , is keep all his travel private, including cost of travel and told his dumb base that he is doing it for safety. Like you cant release after you have already been somewhere, because there is a bad buy with a Delorean, waiting to pounce on you after your release your travel information after you are already back in Florida.
I think he has been using tax payer dollars to travel around promoting his book.

BTW if Meatball thought his poll numbers were slipping before, wait until he sees them after Disney embarrass him in court.

Who is “Meatball”?? Trump?

What exactly is he doing? I mean besides revoking their special interest sweetheart deal they have been able to take advantage of for many years?
It’s obviously about the motivation behind the change in status. They’ve been publicly feuding.

Being pro freedom and democratic is not always easy. In this case, you are being asked to support a company you don’t like that is saying things you don’t like against a guy that you view as a conservative hero. However he is clearly trampling on their freedoms and using governmental powers to do it. So, do you have the moral fortitude to stand up for freedom and the Constitution, even when it is not convenient for you? Right now it looks like you’re not.

Just remember, the shoe always ends up on the other foot at some point.

Let them go at it.

Let's see who the publicity hurts more, it could be interesting.

What exactly is he doing? I mean besides revoking their special interest sweetheart deal they have been able to take advantage of for many years?
Exactly what changes to Disney did Meatball make. I know but doubt you do.
That sweetheart deal saved 100’s of millions in higher property taxes for 2 counties. There is a reason that Manlet Meatball did not change that part of the sweetheart deal. Also lots of states hook up their largest employee. There was a reason Amazon was shopping around for placement of their new facility.

They are already taking a hit with the woke bull. We will see how it works out in the end.
No they are not. It’s always packed out there. They even had the balls to make you pay to get to the front of the line for a ride. Rise of the Resistance a Star Wars ride always has a 2 hour wait and they charge 30 bucks to get a lightning pass. That is 120 per family of 4 to ride. They still print money. You should see all the building of short term rental communities near Disney. It’s crazy

There’s something like 1800 special districts like Disney’s in Florida. DeSantis doesn’t seem bothered by 1799 of them. It’s pretty clear that he’s trying to use his power to punish a company whose views he dislikes.

There’s something like 1800 special districts like Disney’s in Florida. DeSantis doesn’t seem bothered by 1799 of them. It’s pretty clear that he’s trying to use his power to punish a company whose views he dislikes.
All the usual consumers of biased media cant even get the story straight.
The only change The Manlet Meatball made was getting rid of the Reedy Creek board and stuffing it with people who donate money to him. He did it thinking, one the dumb rubes will actually think he made some big changes and stuck it to Disney and 2 use the dudes that donate to him, to fuck with Disney if they did not swear their allegiance to the Manlet Meatball and bow down to his every whim.
We still have dumb fucks talking about Disney getting some special deal when the deal in place has probably save me like 5 figures in property taxes over the years.
If I was Disney, I would say we are forming a committee to explore to leave Florida, and pull a Bezos and have governors stroking you to get you to move there.

Never heard a chud even try to explain why the special district arrangement is bad or give any compelling reason to tear it up other than Disney voicing disapproval of Meatball’s latest cultural crusade and hurting his feelings. If that’s their sole impetus for crafting policy (it is) that seems…I dunno…really fucking stupid?

Back