Dissecting Luke Rockhold

otizik**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have just been listenting to his latest interview and it seems there is an established pattern..

Luke is finding faults with the division or the champion and finding excuses for the previous losses (Jan was too big and strong, he is beatable in so many ways, should have stayed more relaxed)..there is no talk about the adjustments to game or glaring deficiency in his skillset, he is in complete denial of reality.

Luke is a monster on the ground and has a hell of a left kick but I just cannot see any improvements in his defense or head movement.

Sad to see a fighter so stuck in his own mindset.

My favorite Rockhold moment: he shits on fighters who are fathers, like Weidman and Bisping. Minutes later the Bispings are having a barbecue inside the octagon, belt and all, while Luke is searching for excuses.

I have just been listenting to his latest interview and it seems there is an established pattern..

Luke is finding faults with the division or the champion and finding excuses for the previous losses (Jan was too big and strong, he is beatable in so many ways, should have stayed more relaxed)..there is no talk about the adjustments to game or glaring deficiency in his skillset, he is in complete denial of reality.

Luke is a monster on the ground and has a hell of a left kick but I just cannot see any improvements in his defense or head movement.

Sad to see a fighter so stuck in his own mindset.
He is probably the most arrogant ever, to the point it hurts him bad.
He fights with hands down. But even more the best example is his tendency to sit up, hands down when he gets dropped and wait for the 'finish me' punch when he is clearly conscious still. We never see this outside Rockhold.

I really feel the chump is too full of himself to take up a defensive position in that moment and scramble to survive, on a conscious or subconscious level he is too big for that so just sits up like he is trying to stand up and gets smacked again.

The problem being is that he has worked on his boxing and defence. He worked with henri hooft and jason parillo leading up to the Yoel fight. Showed much improved footwork and a double jab. Then in the Jan fight he took a different approach more grappling heavy.

The guy is clearly not just walking into the fight thinking he's going to steamroll fools. Every fighter seems to be some level of delusional and most of them still seem to work on their weaknesses.

Start by dissecting the leg he broke which didn't break. Has anyone called him out of that yet? Would love to hear his take.

Glass chinned, pompous asswipe. Can't wait for his next loss via vicious KTFO.

Why did Rockhold never get with Rousey? Same weaknesses in their game, same smug, insufferable arrogance, same mental capacity. Match made in heaven. The question of course (For Luke at least), is does Ronda swallow?

Glass chinned, pompous asswipe. Can't wait for his next loss via vicious KTFO.
tenor.gif

Rockhold is one of the best MW's of all time, but his ego is his downfall

The man got KO'd by Michael Bisping lol, we all know that should've never happened, but Rockhold thought he was untouchable...

Rockhold will never get another top 10 win in his UFC career. He might beat a fringe top 15 guy like weidman did upon his MW return.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blunttruth
Back