DJ Now Giving Other Fighters Manlet Advice on how to fight Boring, how not to sell any PPV's

70% finishing rate is boring.

Worse IQ for the sport fanbase. From the promoter, fighters/coaches, media and fans, nobody knows what they are talking about in MMA. LOL

It isn't that strategy that makes Mouse not sell PPV'z... GSP had that same strategy & is one of the PPV giants... it's more of his outside of the ring demeanor. It just doesn't click with the casualz & get people fired up to watch him when you just kind of shrug you shoulders & brush off a fist fight as just another day in the office. That's my theory anyway.

So him giving advice on avoiding damage is legit. They can move onto GSP for advice about selling PPV's after talking to Mouse. :D

Well everyone doesnt have luxury of fighting only cans. Step up (or let TJ step down which you ducked hard) and see how little damage you take.

This thread is ridiculous. He fought a guy for 23 minutes and 15 seconds and was only hit 22 times total (and only 13 were significant). http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/d042d18ad568190a

That's incredible, and he tapped the guy too. There's nothing wrong with good defense, and his fights aren't boring. I feel bad that this thread exists in the heavies...oh wait.

He's got a point but if everyone fought the same it would get stale , We need the Djs and the Landos of the world to keep balance

I wish that just one of these fighters would be 100% honest and say "Look I have too much to lose by taking unnecessary risk in there. I've reached a pinnacle and a loss would set my career paydays back too far. I plan to fight safe and do whatever in my ability to ensure victory. If that means I have to lay on them for 5 rounds or jab and run and out point them that's what I'll do to ensure I keep my legacy in tact." I would have so much more hespect for them by saying that instead of pretending that they are an explosive, exciting fighter and acting like there are a bunch of outside factors that lead to them having a lack of fans. I can't blame them for being scared to lose, after all they are trying to make as much as possible in the limited careers they have. Not everyone can be fighter first and a professional second but I guarantee the guys who are fighters first have a lot more fans than the professional first fighters.

I would have so much more hespect for them by saying that instead of pretending that they are an explosive, exciting fighter and acting like there are a bunch of outside factors that lead to them having a lack of fans.

Aha! I had a hunch that all his finishes were just a façade and now you've confirmed it!

What the hell is wrong with working on your defense? Are you seriously trolling this hard?
There are indeed many shertards who feel using defense in a fight is wrong and boring.

So even though DJ is finishing most of his opponents it could be more exciting if he took more damage himself in slugfests.

The TS is a prime example of the incredibly retarded climate the UFC has helped create among MMA fans today...

I guess if the majority of fight fans shared your opinion on him then he would be a PPV king!

Perhpas you didn't get the memo....

What we have in MMA today is the fact NOBODY is going to do good PPV numbers except Conor...Nobody.

It's due mostly to the UFC's horrible ability to promote their product, and fans streaming the events for free.

Perhpas you didn't get the memo....

What we have in MMA today is the fact NOBODY is going to do good PPV numbers except Conor...Nobody.

It's due mostly to the UFC's horrible ability to promote their product, and fans streaming the events for free.

I totally agree about the streaming but nonetheless MM has never been a draw. He too is at fault for a low following, it's not Dana and the UFC alone who has him where he is at as far as a fan base.

Demetrious Johnson advises fellow fighters: ‘You need to work on not taking so much damage’

Demetrious Johnson stresses the need for fighters to avoid taking too much damage and career longevity.

Demetrious Johnson has been fighting professionally for a decade now, but he does not look like a fighter that has been smashed through those years of high level training and competition. At the same time, he has always been vocal about avoiding taking too much damage in his fights.

Mighty Mouse set a UFC record of 11 consecutive title defenses when he submitted Ray Borgat UFC 216. In that same card, lightweight standouts Lando Vannata and Bobby Green fought a three-round war that the former won via split draw, but earned both men an extra $50,000 each for Fight of the Night honors.

Johnson lauded both Vannata and Green, but if it were up to him, he would be making tweaks in their fighting styles.

“I saw Bobby Green and Lando Vannata, and everybody in the back was like, ‘Oh, man, that’s a sick fight!’” Johnson said during his recent MMA Hour interview (via MMA Fighting). “And I’m like, ‘Dude, look at his face, that cannot be good for his brain.’ I’m just honest.”

“I think [Vannata] is an amazing fighter, he has a great game, he comes forward, does a good job mixing it up, great power. But for me, if I was his coach, I’d be like, ‘Dude, you need to work on your wrestling. We need to work on your clinch game. We need to work on not taking so much damage, because I want you to have a long career.’”

For Johnson, what happens after one’s fighting career is far more important than what was endured during their prime, especially if he or she has the reputation of going through rough fights against tough opponents.

“When you’re done fighting, I don’t want to look back at your fights and be like, ‘Oh man, you were such a sick-ass fighter, you did this and this,’” Johnson explained. “I want to look back at your career and be like, ‘Man, you did such a good job of not taking any damage, and look, you have something to show for it. You have a 15-year career, instead of a short three or four years because of all the concussions you’ve taken.’”

“So that’s my whole thing. But those two fighters, amazing. I told Bobby Green, I was like, ‘Damn, dog, you go have that five-piece chicken meal. I was worried about you. You’ve got to duck and move and do some wrestling, homie.’”
16230873_240220063103738_9016314828905512960_n.jpg

Wow DJ with the inside info....You should follow suit & give everyone advice on how to get a triple chin.

Defense is important, it's when people take it too far and become almost afraid to take any risks or engage at all that it becomes an issue.

At the end of the day, you know when you signed up for it and decided to take the risks how barbaric the sport was. Don't complain because people want to see action and blood. Who becomes a fan of combat sports because of the art of dodging a punch or laying on someone for five rounds anyway? We became fans because we want to see someone get their ass kicked.

Easy to say when everyone in his division can barely punch there way out of a wet paper bag........ ( and that's if they combined all their power into 1 big punch )

tumblr_luu75vvTCc1qfw1t3.jpg

Back