Crime Do Americans live in abject fear and terror of each other? Man guilty of murder for shooting dead woman in car that accidently came onto his driveway

I don't
Okay but a 400% increase in the likelyhood of suicide is huge. We have spoke many times in the past about how mentally unhealthy some of the regular thoughts gun owner seem to have can be.

Believing you may need a gun at any moment to kill an armed intruder has got to wear on a person. Thinking that a team of assailants might break into your house every night would weigh heavy on a person over time.

I am guessing these sort of unhealthy thoughts are a warning sign of someone who heeds help.

You are wrong about the part about people on the edge loosing their weapons, people that say that shit to the doctor should have all their guns taken. This would have saved the life of a member of my family who was murdered. Most mass shooting involve a current or former domestic partner.

I have smoke alarms and fire extinguishers in my home and it doesn't stay on my mind and worry any more then having a gun.

If a person is a danger to themselves or other I'm fine with having them committed and their weapons removed with due process.

However the problem you have to manage is this person a danger or just a little down over something. If you leave it just up to any doctor with no due process it will be abused and people will not go anywhere to talk because they will lose their gun.

There is no such thing. Sure, they might pretend to start out like that but ultimately the proponents push for just one more and then another . . .
There are plenty of countries with successful gun control that still have reasonable access to guns.

There are plenty of countries with successful gun control that still have reasonable access to guns.
I'm okay with that, but will take what we have here over those all day.

When you have major media figures posting shit like this, it's not hard to figure out why.

hHwiRyW.png

I expect to hear more stories of people getting shot for pulling in driveways, asking for directions, knocking on doors, picking up their kids, and just saying hello from Murkastan.

Back