Do any of you train with contacts?

Interesting thread. I've always heard about contacts flying out while doing sports. I myself have worn contacts now for about 14 years and have never had this happen to me though while in wrestling, karate, muay thai, swimming/diving(without goggles), etc.

I've never had a problem, but I wear the soft ones. The only real problem is if you get hit right in the eye and do not close it. Or if you get some dirt or sweat in there.

I've been hit in the face many times, and never had one come out. I've opened my eyes under water, and they didn't come out. The only time I lost one was surfing - it was really windy, like howling, and when I punched out the back of a wave paddling out, opened my eyes, and the wind peeled it off my eye. It was weird.

Mine are hard to get out too. Maybe you guys don't have them fit properly.

I'm blind as a bat and I've never trained with Contacts. The whole deal with them falling out and what not....it's too much of a hassle..

I dont wear contacts when i spar/roll whatever. Im nearsighted but my vision istn that bad. I just spar without them and make do with blurry vision.

I lose a good 6-7 contacts a month training both BJJ and stand up.

I have the weekly disposables, which are *relatively* cheap and keep a separate case for "old pairs" to wear to the gym.

However, from what I've noticed, they stay in your eyes better if you keep them moist, so I usually spray a bit of contact solution or eye drops in my eyes before training and that seems to help a lot.

Either way, contacts suck, and I'm just waiting to get the corrective surgery.

Anyone here have a problem getting hit with contacts in? Im not allowed to spar yet at my Muay Thai gym cause Im still in the beginner class but I dunno what to expect when I start sparring and I was just thinking about it, is it much of a problem?

one time in middle school a guy nut checked me in the locker room(i didn't play that game and never will), and i but him in the face, the contact was knocked back in to his eye, the next time i saw him his eye was red kinda and he kept blinking, i don't know if a good idea but then i wasn't wearing gloves

Just don't wear them during training, its that simple.

Back