Do fans really consider Bruce Leroy to be a contender?

Contender? No. Vastly improved and a possible contender in a year or two? Fuck yeah.

Too bad his name isn't Bruce Leeroy Jenkins. Could you imagine the awesome introduction Buffer could give this guy?

@1:20

[YT]LkCNJRfSZBU[/YT]

I must have missed it, who thinks Bruce Leeroy is close to a title shot?

I like the dude and enjoy his fights and all that, but he's not even in the conversation at this point.

I've only heard people saying he's top 10.

I would not call him a contender. I would say that he is a young fighter who is just getting to a point where he should be getting the quality of fights to help begin his potential contender-ship.

Not a contender yet but only a couple wins away at this point.

Solid fighter needs a couple top ten and top five fights before he is ready.

IMO, I don't see it

I've seen only one thread saying anything close to this and everyone in the thread shot it down and I don't think that TS came back so it was prob. not a serious topic.

Most people have been calling for him to get a top 10 opponent that's it. He's getting Perez next instead who's also trying to break into the top 10.

No one is saying he should get the shot over Assuncao. However, he's basically, what, 7-0 in his weight class? A failed drug test and groin kick point deduction aside...

He deserves a good step up in comp. and he's going to get it soon.

I don't know about being a contender, but I'll say he's surprised me. Coming out of tuf I thought he'd be a flash in the pan, but he's proven me wrong.

havent heard this TS statement from any friends or on mma forums yet.....but i dont think he is there

He's fighting Erik Perez on the undercard of a TUF Finale card next. If he wins he should get a top 10 fight next, Mike Easton perhaps.

I love this fight and the winner will be ready to vault into the top ten. I'd put my money on Bruce Leeroy but Perez has some serious explosiveness. I'd like to see the winner against Iuri Alcantara.

Let's see.Leeroy got dropped by Delorme's punch,was losing the fight vs Pettis on the scorecards of two judges before the sub.He managed to win both fights so props to him
Great guy,fun fighter but he isn't a contender

The kid is getting better.. He should maybe fight a contender, but I haven't seen anyone call him one, though!

He derailed the Pettis hype trains pretty quick. I'd say he's a fight or two away from being considered a contender.

That was amazing to see .
but yeah he's not ready for a title shot . not yet .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back