Do fighters usually not do anything in the last 10 seconds of a round?

Sean_wongster_wongmastter

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
I feel like more often than not fighers just tend to stand and stare menacingly at each other in the last 10 seconds of a round.

Sure, occasionally you get someone that tries a furry or maybe a last second takedown, but I think generally... they stare at each other and just rest.

Do you get that feeling? i feel like a lot of fights could be stolen if people turned it up.

I feel like more often than not fighers just tend to stand and stare menacingly at each other in the last 10 seconds of a round.

Sure, occasionally you get someone that tries a furry or maybe a last second takedown, but I think generally... they stare at each other and just rest.

Do you get that feeling? i feel like a lot of fights could be stolen if people turned it up.
I feel like a lot of fights seem to get set on cruise control & try to point score & then at the last moments of the round go a bit harder to impress the judges? Pisses me off when they just go hard and take risks for the last 10 seconds & not the previous 4 mins 50 seconds. They can be losing the entire round, go hard for 10 seconds & put their hands up like they won.

I feel like a lot of fights seem to get set on cruise control & try to point score & then at the last moments of the round go a bit harder to impress the judges? Pisses me off when they just go hard and take risks for the last 10 seconds & not the previous 4 mins 50 seconds. They can be losing the entire round, go hard for 10 seconds & put their hands up like they won.

The Robbie Lawler mentality. He ran away in that infamous final round and then acted tough after the fight was over and it won him the round in the judges' eyes. The announcers and commenters were saying "it gave me chills". Made me want to puke. How easily people are fooled.

Depends on the fighter…

…some definitely go for that last second furry…
View attachment 988505
Looks like he goes all out f
Depends on the fighter…

…some definitely go for that last second furry…
View attachment 988505
Lol. Funny stuff. Like your humor..
images

I feel like it's the other way around.

Lot's of these guys spend whole rounds trying to avoid fighting and then try a few things at the end to try and steal the round.

It's called not fighting, and they get away with it because there's no penalty for it.

If it pisses you off enough go watch ONE. Their refs take a point and literally fine fighters a % of their purse if they do this sort of shit for too long. They straight up DQ them if it continues on.

They're even more serious about it in the Muay Thai bouts. Fighters can be going to war and the refs are still calling for action haha.

It's absolutely perfect.

It's called not fighting, and they get away with it because there's no penalty for it.

If it pisses you off enough go watch ONE. Their refs take a point and literally fine fighters a % of their purse if they do this sort of shit for too long. They straight up DQ them if it continues on.

They're even more serious about it in the Muay Thai bouts. Fighters can be going to war and the refs are still calling for action haha.

It's absolutely perfect.
Lol. So, you like no action until it commences in the last 10 seconds. Are you Tito's new GF?

G7SrOA.gif

Lol. So, you like no action until it commences in the last 10 seconds. Are you Tito's new GF?

G7SrOA.gif

Me? What lol. Did you even read my post that you quoted? Did you quote the wrong person?

I'm clearly against non-fighting haha.

If I was in control, I'd be cutting half the fighters on each card with the way some of them try to avoid fighting.

Me? What lol. Did you even read my post that you quoted? Did you quote the wrong person?

I'm clearly against non-fighting haha.

If I was in control, I'd be cutting half the fighters on each card with the way some of them try to avoid fighting.
Sorry dude, my bad. I think i took it the wrong way when you said to watch One, but can see your point and do appreciate your input.

mr-bean-funny.gif

Hespect
bruce-lee-bow.gif

Sorry dude, my bad. I think i took it the wrong way when you said to watch One, but can see your point and do appreciate your input.

mr-bean-funny.gif

Hespect
bruce-lee-bow.gif

You're forgiven, bro.

And when I said you should go watch ONE if it pisses you off I totally meant it. It pisses me off too and ONE is a massive breath of fresh air.

There's more fighting in some of these 3 rounds of 3 minutes MT fights they do than some UFC cards have all up.

It's amazing stuff. If UFC and ONE were on at the same time I'd be watching ONE live and catching UFC later.

You're forgiven, bro.

And when I said you should go watch ONE if it pisses you off I totally meant it. It pisses me off too and ONE is a massive breath of fresh air.

There's more fighting in some of these 3 rounds of 3 minutes MT fights they do than some UFC cards have all up.

It's amazing stuff. If UFC and ONE were on at the same time I'd be watching ONE live and catching UFC later.
Thanks bro.

I miss the k-1 days with their 3 min rounds. Not mma, but such great action. I'm stuck in the old school days probably. I do like One & the different types of fights as that is a good mixture.

giphy.gif

Back