Do Non-Americans get weirded out when watching certain American movies

Rarely now, you know what you're gonna get from american movies.

One thing I always found odd was the high level of interest in mobsters and mobster movies. I don't get it at all.

We love american movies more than ours

Young italian would dodge 9 italian movies out 10, and with very few exceptions even at 40yo good luck drag me to cinema to see one

Whole woke bullshit in american stuff is weird af though, feels like they left crazy people write shit

I just watched Army of the Dead for the first time. Did non Americans find it weird that zombies attacked then everyone just came out of their suburbs fully armed to the teeth with AR15s including soccer moms like every other house has an armament? Like they cant relate to it. in their zombie movies the people use things like cricket bats and badminton rackets?

As a non American, I typically fight zombies with axes and machetes. So yes, I get weirded out by firearms.

Mainly how serious high school football is

Like wtf bunch of 15 year old playing sports and people have entire communities build around it like dam son

Like in friday night lights you had adults flexing with high school trophy and all i could think about was "get a life, you look like unemployed fat fuck and are flexing with shit you won 30 years ago in high school"

Buut different culture and all that

Like wtf bunch of 15 year old playing sports and people have entire communities build around it like dam son

Like in friday night lights you had adults flexing with high school trophy and all i could think about was "get a life, you look like unemployed fat fuck and are flexing with shit you won 30 years ago in high school"

It's really not an exaggeration either. While guys who flex their state ring from 1964 would kinda be looked at losers regardless, high school football is massive business in places like Texas, California, Florida, etc. Local businesses with fatcat boosters fund the teams just to say they're involved with them. Games can attract thousands of fans. We have an insatiable love for football in this country, even if it's being played by 16 year olds. Those kids can (literally) get away with murder

I just watched Army of the Dead for the first time. Did non Americans find it weird that zombies attacked then everyone just came out of their suburbs fully armed to the teeth with AR15s including soccer moms like every other house has an armament? Like they cant relate to it. in their zombie movies the people use things like cricket bats and badminton rackets?

No.

I think its half of current americans the ones that get weirded out by that.

from american movies i've learned:

- high-school is about bullying nerds, being captain of the football team, fucking a cheerleader
- all the phone numbers start with 555
- everybody has a huge breakfast made that they never eat cause everybody's in a hurry
- people slam the phone without saying bye
- any friend group is ultra diverse, except for prison
- everything that happens is either in NY or LA
- you can hide behind any car door, chair, table to get away from bullets
- lately presidents in most tv shows are women, which will probably not happen for another 50 years in real life, if ever.
- bubba rednecks are more dependable in zombie movies than the intellectual types, which tend to die early or betray the group

Not really.

I don't have a problem with guns.

Regularly seeing police officers with machine guns patrol Gatwick Souths village when I first started working, didn't bother me at all.

There not really machine guns, think of them more like giant 9mm pistols and only capable of semi automatic fire..... It's more designed to stop a singular opponent than cause maximum damage. They're really no more dangerous than the 9mm pistols they carry, just more accuracy and ammo in the clip.

Yeah, it is like that in some parts of different towns hahaha

There not really machine guns, think of them more like giant 9mm pistols and only capable of semi automatic fire..... It's more designed to stop a singular opponent than cause maximum damage. They're really no more dangerous than the 9mm pistols they carry, just more accuracy and ammo in the clip.
Submachine guns

Fvck, it has to be hard to be effective 😡
nac.gif

Fvck, it has to be hard to be effective 😡

I mean, yeah sure if you lube it up good you might get lucky........ But in all seriousness, if a group of reasonably well trained bad people turn up with assault rifles and level 3 or better body armour, those police peoples are pretty fucked..... It's only time until some group of scum bags cause mass casualties in the UK.

Back