Do old fighters with cracked chins take better punches than the average person?

Well the thing is fighters will always be able to see a punch coming far, far better than normies.

That alone will make them far less prone to being knocked out, even if their chin is diminished.
I got 20/20 vision and there’s dudes legit fighting in the ufc to afford eye surgery. Wtf you talking about, these dudes are just born to be fighters. My nephew became a fighter and he had a sculpted chin from birth

From what I seen, the Brain has this mechanism of self preservation. This self preservation mechanism is wired to shut itself off sooner to prevent the same kind of damage that happened before. Once damage is inflicted on the brain it goes to self preservation mode and shuts off sooner. So no, it will not change once it has suffered a very hard KO.
“I’m taking damage better have a nap” - the human brain probably

No. Fighters don’t inherently have better chins. Some guys have unreal chins which are far beyond the normal persons chin and the normal fighters chin, but fighters are just people that decided to train martial arts. Plenty of the bad chins get weeded out, but people without a history of concussions have pretty good chins

disagree with you, here. Maybe it's the word "inherently."

Fighters NECESSARILY have good chins. it's not possible to be a fighter with any reasonablke success without an above average chin. The weeding out process you refer to above is comprehensive, I'd say - as in, if you don't have a solid - or - better chin, you are getting weeded out way, way before you even think about fighting competitively in the amateurs, let alone professionally.

There's an empty ring sat there right there in the background and they end fighting on a hardwood floor.
<TheDonald>

When watching these fight videos on the subforum I always wonder why they are fighting on roads and pavements while there is a lovely mowed lawn right next to them, but even in a gym where you got the option to fight in a ring you choose to risk getting brain damage even more by having your head hit solid ground. :confused::eek:

I was clearly referring to hard hitting
You are really foolish if you think several MMA fighters hit harder than wilder. The only one that's questionable is ngannou, nobody else is even close. I don't think you realize how much better boxer's chins are and how much more difficult it is to ko someone with 10 oz boxing gloves. Wilder's knocking proven fighters out like Luis Ortiz who's chin has held up all through his career including the Olympics. Wilder koed him with a forehead shot

disagree with you, here. Maybe it's the word "inherently."

Fighters NECESSARILY have good chins. it's not possible to be a fighter with any reasonablke success without an above average chin. The weeding out process you refer to above is comprehensive, I'd say - as in, if you don't have a solid - or - better chin, you are getting weeded out way, way before you even think about fighting competitively in the amateurs, let alone professionally.
Leon edwards is a top 3 with a bad chin. There’s plenty of other examples. No way in hell that baby punch from diaz puts the average person on Queer Street. average people without tons of concussions and damage can take absolute maulings. Just look at the damage green fighters regularly overcome vs the damage vets get finished by

Most important part is seeing the punch coming and bracing for impact, something that fighters are obviously much better at.

The average Joe could knock out Mark Hunt or Roy Nelson if they weren't expecting a punch and got hit clean on the chin.

You are really foolish if you think several MMA fighters hit harder than wilder. The only one that's questionable is ngannou, nobody else is even close. I don't think you realize how much better boxer's chins are and how much more difficult it is to ko someone with 10 oz boxing gloves. Wilder's knocking proven fighters out like Luis Ortiz who's chin has held up all through his career including the Olympics. Wilder koed him with a forehead shot
No I'm not foolish, just not a delusional pillow fanboy. Boxing gloves produce more power due to higher weight of the gloves (more kinetic energy) and larger surface area causing more brain damage, but still there's many heavyweight fighters with more impressive KOs (dead out cold, not TKOs) than Wilder. You're making shit up pretty much.

No I'm not foolish, just not a delusional pillow fanboy. Boxing gloves produce more power due to higher weight of the gloves (more kinetic energy) and larger surface area causing more brain damage, but still there's many heavyweight fighters with more impressive KOs (dead out cold, not TKOs) than Wilder. You're making shit up pretty much.
So you seriously believe that bigger gloves make you hit harder? I guess all these trainers and professionals who spar with 16 oz gloves don't know what they are doing then huh? Why so many kos in MMA from weak punches then? MMA fighters got glass chins or something, cause you don't see that in boxing

So you seriously believe that bigger gloves make you hit harder? I guess all these trainers and professionals who spar with 16 oz gloves don't know what they are doing then huh? Why so many kos in MMA from weak punches then? MMA fighters got glass chins or something, cause you don't see that in boxing
I don’t think people who say that getting hit by a glove is worse have actually thought about what they’re saying

Back