Do people really not understand the difference between Half-life and Metabolite detection times?

I don't care if it from previous cheating. Zero fucks given. I hope he comes in clean, gets his ass fucking beat down by gus, and then somehow fails again. He deserves it.

He got off with a slap on the wrist for a third offense, so as far as I'm considered this is just karma. This is the mma gods trying to make things right, no matter how many times Dana tries to sweep this shit under the rug.

So fuck Jon and fuck Anderson. They both deserve lifetime bans for the FIRST time they fucked up. I hope this shit plauges them for the rest of eternity.
MMA gods want more blood and less drug talk bro

16 hours of half life means that steroid does break down/is broken down into various metabolites very quickly.

After 10 days amounts of substances would be at 2 per-miles of starting amount.

After 17 months you honestly got to think metabolites would be gone, and that's what they had told Mir.
Some that bind to fat will stay in your body for a very long time. The question is how long does this certain metabolite stay in levels that could cause a positive test.

Half life of 16 hours does not fucking mean that the metabolites of that drug are completely excreted from the body in 16 hours. It means that the active component of the drug is reduced by 50% in 16 hours.

Steroids cause organic growth of tissues in body, metabolites can get retained in fat cells and they depend upon number of factors, such as, age, metabolism, tolerance, physical illnesses and much more.

The real reason to doubt Jones is that how an athlete of his caliber not have excreted all the metabolites in 450 days since only people who have more body fat have higher chance of retaining these drug metabolites.

There is also one counter to this argument that since Jones was not cutting any weight, so therefore he did not piss hot for the previous tests but now since hes cutting weight, thats why USADA found 60 pg/ml of M3(Trust me, its a very very very small amount) in Jones body.

Do you not understand the difference between the half life of turinabol (Chlorodehydromethyltestosterone) and what he tested positive for 4-chloro-18-nor-1713-hydroxymethy1,17a-methyl-5a-androst-13-en-3a-ol (M3) which doesnt even have a recorded half life.

The half life of turinabol, in fact the half life of anything is utterly irrelevant in this case anyway

We know the difference.

We just don’t believe he’d still be pissing hot a year and half after having a minuscule amount in his system, unless he’d taken some shit in the meantime.

Jones Popped for 20-80 pg/ml last time and it's 60 pg/ml this time. You really think 17 months later he is going to have the same amount OR MORE in his system?!

Yeah you're right but how we are to support this scientifically that this was a new ingestion?
because that's the common sense answer as opposed to metabolites "pulsing" in and out of existence.

I don’t doubt any of that in the abstract.

But if it were that straightforward in this particular case, then why hasn’t anyone explained it in that way? With the Millions in PR and marketing that WME does, they couldn’t have gotten a scientist to explain this to the NSAC?

Or to ESPN? Or to the myriad sports outlets that cover other sports with PED issues?

With all the other drug tests from all the other athletes in all the other sports, you’d figure that this kind of situation would happen pretty frequently—where “there’s no way of knowing if there’s been a new ingestion.”

Have you seen anything like this before?

Probably because they know the public are idiots when it comes to science and logic?

This is why clever politicians use emotion (and not logic) to persuade people.

Do you not understand the difference between the half life of turinabol (Chlorodehydromethyltestosterone) and what he tested positive for 4-chloro-18-nor-1713-hydroxymethy1,17a-methyl-5a-androst-13-en-3a-ol (M3) which doesnt even have a recorded half life.

The half life of turinabol, in fact the half life of anything is utterly irrelevant in this case anyway
This thread was a response to people using half life of turinabol as a example against Jones case which is irrelevant. So i was simply stating the basic definition of what half life means.

Half of sherdog were arguing that when Cormier put his hand on the towel at weigh in, it would have made him heavier. Don't even bother with science or logic in this place.

but now since hes cutting weight, thats why USADA found 60 pg/ml of M3(Trust me, its a very very very small amount) in Jones body.

What does it have to do with cutting weight? Also, they didn't find 60 picograms, they think.

After 17 months you honestly got to think metabolites would be gone, and that's what they had told Mir.

This needs to be quoted more.

Last edited:
Either make roids legal or actually punish the people who piss hot. In football they lose lots of money for missing the games they are suspended for etc, the ufc not. Only the fines. So make the fines too high to risk or ban them. Im fine w them having or not having ability to use roids, just seems like if roids are illegal, then it gives people a way to cheat where as if they are legal, then there isn't a way. I know some people won't want to roid, and that's fine too, but it should be their option. Lawler got 2 years over 17 pics, jones 15 months over more.. Twice now. . Make the fines a large % of their purse if they are in competition, give it to the opponents who lose thier purse because someone pissed hot. Then suspend everyone the same, not based on thier ppv draw numbers. Seems to me people at the top have more cash, thus can have better people helping them cheat. Make it not cheating... End of issues. They could definately make the testing far better and far more accurate if they are going to continue the charade that they don't want fighters roiding.

There is also one counter to this argument that since Jones was not cutting any weight, so therefore he did not piss hot for the previous tests but now since hes cutting weight, thats why USADA found 60 pg/ml of M3(Trust me, its a very very very small amount) in Jones body.

Trust you? Do you know how many billions of molecules of turinabol are in a picogram? Can you actually calculate how many molecules that is?

A picogram is much bigger than you think.

“Hey Pussy, are you still there?” - USADA to Jon Jones’ turanibol stored in his fat cells.

Last edited:
Back