Social Do people still care about MMA?

I still read the news daily and watch the big fights, but I don’t care if I miss them anymore. Most of the fighters I cared about are retired now.

Still watch a lot of mma. The next few months have absolute amazing fights lined up.

Kind of odd people use this forum as non mma primary outlet.
I came here for the MMA discussion but that stupid ESPN plus deal absolutely killed my interest.

I'm not subscribing to a shitty service that I don't even want just so I can pay full price for ppvs.

I thought I'd just stream them, but my interest has waned enough to where I don't even want to watch it anymore. They might have lost a fan for life.

The only thing that would make me watch would be Jon Jones vs ngannou. I don't even know most of the fighters names anymore.

Personally my interest has reduced significantly. I still follow the sport and fighters to an extend, but not like the way I use to. I no longer order PPV or make an effort to go out and watch the fights. Could be because I now have a family and lack friends close by who are also as much as a fan as I am. Covid didn't help the situation and a lot of the mma stars are getting old. Promoters needs to find more contenders and pay them better.

I'm considerably less interested than I used to be. I'll still watch big PPVs mostly as an excuse to hang with my buddy and get drunk and high. This past weekend there were 2 cards and I watched the main and co-main from the UFC and the main from Bellator and that's it. I did watch all of the last UFC PPV because I was dog sitting and needed to be home with the dog anyway but I would have watched it either way because of Diaz.

Barely watch anything anymore, used to buy all the PPV's, watched Kenny and Bas every Friday, HD net fights, etc. Now I'm like Meh.....

I haven’t cared about mma in like 5 years. I loved it from 2005-2010.

but now it seems like low bro entertainment.

Maybe I’m just old.

Anyways, is it still relatively popular? More popular? How are the PPV numbers year over year? Interest levels and stuff.

MMA #1 sport in terms of being the least boring.

Its crazy how teh Reebok deal killed it

Ive been a fan of UFC since early 2000's and up to about 2013 it was great, really exciting

Holy shit you got banned in the last 15 min.

575359.jpg

Just watch the big fights these days.

Back in 2006-11 we always had a big group that would get together to watch the events.

That sorta got going again for the McGregor run but now most people have lost interest again.

Yep 2006-2011 was that period where you watched every card in groups. Liddell vs. Couture 3 Feb 2006 was the first card that really started it and Lesnar vs Overeem was when that period died off a bit. There was still big cards after that but I could clearly see interest going away in the following years and by 2018-2019 outside of a McGregor card it was tough to get people to watch.

same here. mma is as good as it has ever been.

It's definitely the best sport has ever been right this second. Technical peak, best athletes, marquee talent, all the best athletes fight under the same promotion, quality show production.

But the honeymoon is over for most people.

Back