Do Wrestlers get injured as much as BJJers/Judoka

you do know i train gi right? I love bjj, its judo that i ain't a fan of particularly, don't talk shit without knowing the facts.

JUDO??? WTF???

HOW can you possibly like wrestling and NOT like Judo??:icon_lol: Serious.

I hope it wasnt cuz your 2004 Judo Oly Iranian rep bawked out vs the Isreali rep wuz it?

Last edited:
JUDO??? WTF???

HOW can you possibly like wrestling and NOT like Judo??:icon_lol: Serious.

I hope it wasnt cuz your 2004 Judo Oly Iranian rep bawked out vs the Isreali rep wuz it?

I'm not a fan i find it less effective for takedowns than wrestling, any iranian doing judo is a wrestler who wasn't good enough for the wrestling team, i find judo over complicated and too high risk. I just think its overrated, thats my opinion and i have no idea what your talking about a iranian and a israeli. I'm not a fan of israel either but thats completely off topic.

you do know i train gi right? I love bjj, its judo that i ain't a fan of particularly, don't talk shit without knowing the facts.

If you don't think calling BJJ/Judo guys pussies is starting a fight wether you train gi or not than I don't know what to tell you.

I'm not a fan i find it less effective for takedowns than wrestling, any iranian doing judo is a wrestler who wasn't good enough for the wrestling team, i find judo over complicated and too high risk. I just think its overrated, thats my opinion and i have no idea what your talking about a iranian and a israeli. I'm not a fan of israel either but thats completely off topic.

Why are we arguing about this?

I am pretty sure that competition teams in each style get hurt just as often. I wouldn't expect a recreational BJJ player of Judoka to continually be nursing injuries because they have other lives and will err on the side of caution.

A guy training wrestling in HS or College or for team USA will probably get injured more than a weekend warrior club wrestler for the same reason a competitive Judoka or BJJ'r will get injured more than the average Joe player.

In Wrestling season this year i got some minor injurys and a really bad Strain on my arm the day before League Finals i got about 5 bloody noses from being Cross faced but that aint bad but in Practice we get alot more injurys then Bjj does in the season just from Prctice we had a broken shoulder 2 Sprained Legs and a Broken arm it's all from practice but in the match i usually go Taped up so i my injurys dont bother me

Well you're wrong. Iran isn't exactly known for judo - no Iranian has ever medaled in the Olympics in judo. Some of the best wrestlers crosstrain in judo and vice-versa. Maybe Iranian Judo sucks, but Judo in general does not.

Consider the average ages involved here.

Very few people on here continued to wrestle seriously into college and beyond. Most people did their wrestling in high school. Also, not as many people on here did BJJ seriously in high school. Most people doing BJJ are college age at least.

So it's not really a surprise that high school kids are reporting less injuries than middle aged guys.

Agree with this post great observation

If you don't think calling BJJ/Judo guys pussies is starting a fight wether you train gi or not than I don't know what to tell you.

Erm i never called a judoka a pussy nor did i call all bjj guys pussies i train bjj you moron, can't you read? Bjj has animals and it has pussies so has wrestling just less pussies.

Well you're wrong. Iran isn't exactly known for judo - no Iranian has ever medaled in the Olympics in judo. Some of the best wrestlers crosstrain in judo and vice-versa. Maybe Iranian Judo sucks, but Judo in general does not.

erm when was i talking about iranian judo? All i said is any iranian that did judo wasn't good enough in wrestling.

Broke my wrist.
Broke my neck.
Broke a few fingers.
Sprained dozes of wrists/ankles.
Pulled several muscles.
Tore some muscles.
Tore a few ligs/tendons (only slightly).

Yeah, we get hurt.

erm when was i talking about iranian judo? All i said is any iranian that did judo wasn't good enough in wrestling.

Well it isn't that way in other parts of the world. You said judo sucks and is inferior to wrestling. But your sample is only in Iran. So you can only talk about Iranian Judo. So kindly STFU.

Well it isn't that way in other parts of the world. You said judo sucks and is inferior to wrestling. But your sample is only in Iran. So you can only talk about Iranian Judo. So kindly STFU.

No that is wrong i never said judo sucks, nor did i ever mention that it was only in iran where i was comparing, Judo imo when it comes to takedowns is inferior to wrestling in its practicality imo, so again read properly before spouting shit off.

Consider the average ages involved here.

Very few people on here continued to wrestle seriously into college and beyond. Most people did their wrestling in high school. Also, not as many people on here did BJJ seriously in high school. Most people doing BJJ are college age at least.

So it's not really a surprise that high school kids are reporting less injuries than middle aged guys.

/thread

No that is wrong i never said judo sucks, nor did i ever mention that it was only in iran where i was comparing, Judo imo when it comes to takedowns is inferior to wrestling in its practicality imo, so again read properly before spouting shit off.

I am as big a wrestling fan as this board has but there is alot of crossover. Look at the Russians, they use alot of judoesque techniques.

BJJ/Sw since September, only got hurt once, a little knee twist on a pre-existing injury.

from judo I got tons, broken arms, ribs, fingers, toes, sprains etc etc

There is a reason to why the judo medalists in the last Olympics were just a few years past 20, the old guard are just broken down. look at the judokas in MMA. tough SOBS but wrecked bodies. Even long time wrestlers like RAndy/Lindland/Hendo didn't seem to suffer that much

The gi provides more torque and comp judokas punish their bodies something fierce not to loose by Ippon, a wrestler doesn't have to. and the judokas are at risk from subs aswell

And the wrestling mat is softer:D

Ground work just doesn't result in as many injuries as stand-up grappling. Can judoka vouch for this as well?

I will.

Seems like most injuries in wrestling occur defending the TD (or failing to defend the TD). Seen some horrible injuries when guys post with their arms after getting knocked on their ass so as not to go to their back.

I will.

Seems like most injuries in wrestling occur defending the TD (or failing to defend the TD). Seen some horrible injuries when guys post with their arms after getting knocked on their ass so as not to go to their back.

This is how I broke my wrist first time out wrestling. Posted out, guy lands on me, and next thing I know I hear a popping noise and the back of my hand is touching my arm.

Not sure what the difference is between saying judo's throws are inferior and judo sucks :confused:

But most people who've done both at a high level will tell you that it depends upon whether you're wearing a jacket or not. If jackets are on (gi's, etc), judo throws are better. If no jackets are being worn, wrestling takedowns are better.

I have to admit I don't see why so many people have a problem understanding this ... its pretty self evident.

Do wrestlers not get injured as often due to the fact that their victories aren't absed on submission? From the little I know about wrestling it seems as if they would get injured way more often due to the intensity and emphasis on takedowns.
Yeah....let's see...since last freestyle season, I have seperated three ribs, seperated a shoulder, dislocated a ton of fingers, pulled a hamstring, injured my neck, among others, but it's nothing serious, minus the seperated ribs and shoulder. You just get used to being dinged up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back