Relationship Do you believe in soulmates?

Do you believe in soulmates?

• Total voters
Having a soulmate to me would mean we are all deeply unique and diverse. That is everyone is different and their own individual. I don’t buy it, too many of us exist, too many share similarities, we share too many beliefs. Your spouse, was the best choice of a small sample, or at least you hope.

Not per say but a few lucky people find mates who are alot I common, n just different enough to keep it interesting. Never happen to me but I have heard of it.

Personally, I don't.

I don't even believe in romantic love outside of that honeymoon phase of a new relationship either; the intrigue and excitement is romantic love.

I believe in love over the longer term, for sure. But it aligns more with obligation and responsibility than romance, excitement or loving devotion.

I believe there are several people that might be good for you, but only one that is near perfect for you.

No, but there is a graph where the vertical line is "women who put up with my shit" and the horizontal which is "attractive and non-mental"

if you find one in the top right quadrant then that's what some simps would call a soul mate.

Just replace it with team mates. Married over fifteen, five kids, and I would not mind adding another team player, like a hottie in her twenties. If my main team mate were to pass, I would find another one before her body got cold.

I don't really separate it from being in love with someone. If you're in love with someone it's usually because you're not only physically attracted to them but have shitloads in common, meaning it seems like you're made for each other which is essentially what soulmates means.

Soulmate, a person ideally suited to you.

So someone can be more of or less of the ideal. The ideal is a moving target. Whether you imagine a fiction, or a person who has existed, or does exist now or will exist. Or you could argue there's no other people you could meet or be in a relationship with than those you do, because of fate (block universe, cause and effect) thus meaning your soul mate is the most ideal person you've encountered.

The last interpretation is the most logical.

I believe in people that are great fits for each other. But I believe there are many possible people out there that could fit the bill. There are billions of people in the world, there is more than just 1 you can have a great connection with.

That you have this undeniable connection with someone I guess, like you were meant for eachother kind of thing. It was destiny.

And also those who are in relationships, do you believe that's your soulmate?

I believe that you can have multiple strong connections with many people. So I don't think there this just one person and that's it.

FindingLoveQuotesBelieveInSoulmates1.jpg
And gotta thank ya for that head clinic
Explicit, hella photogenic
And tell your friends where the dick's at
Where they can get hit and won't get back to they soulmate
Before you kiss 'em, use Colgate
She swallowed it, yeah, the bitch took the whole eight

Sorry. :)

And gotta thank ya for that head clinic
Explicit, hella photogenic
And tell your friends where the dick's at
Where they can get hit and won't get back to they soulmate
Before you kiss 'em, use Colgate
She swallowed it, yeah, the bitch took the whole eight

Sorry. :)

lol nice.

No, Love is strengthened through shared struggles and experiencing the joys and turmoils life throws at you. Soul mate is a fairy tale way of describing lust.

With nearly 7 billion people on the planet I think there's likely multiple that fit you not just one. But I do think there is someone for everyone out there for the most part.

This. I don't believe there is one "soulmate" for each person. But I believe there are people with whom you instantly connect with without even talking. Something that is between 2 people that just has a pull and a connection.

Wow you rarely post, how many post a year is that?

Ha, great question. I've probably posted on Sherdog more in the last two years or so than the previous 15. I don't really look at post counts much. But, I've had more time on my hands the last couple of years, plus I stopped lurking/posting on other forums. Now, I only frequent places where I want to chime in when I have something to say and that aren't overrun with political/culture war nonsense. (You will never see me in the OT or the War Room here, for instance. I know what they are, read them when I was younger...moved on.)

I'm surprised that level of crippling attraction isn't more common. It's only happened to me once as well. Just for propagation sake you'd think we'd be programmed to find most fertile women that attractive.

Maybe it's the exact opposite, your biology telling you to avoid what otherwise you'd be drawn to.

Don't get me wrong, I've had my share of moments where I've bumped in to people where I've done a double-take, "holy cow that person is attractive," sort of thing. But nothing quite like that one incident. But for whatever reason, when I saw that one person, I had this tremendous feeling that there was something at stake there versus a more calm "that person is attractive, and that's OK" sort of reaction. No clue, could've very well just been in a heightened state due to the vacation anyway.

I will also go on to undermine my first post by saying that I definitely have one ex who I feel/felt a stronger connection to or chemistry with than any other person I've been with since. I'm not comfortable saying she was my soul mate, but I wonder sometimes why it is the feelings haven't been the same in subsequent relationships. I know there's the saying that men actually have a harder time moving on from heartbreak than women, but...who knows.

Back