• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you believe Jon Jones is trying to duck the Ngannou fight or does he just want more money?

So Jon Jones says 10million won’t be enough. He wants Conor McGregor numbers.

Do you think this is just a ploy by him to price himself out of the fight or do you genuinely think he just wants to get paid? Cause I don’t see dana accepting his demands, Dana is someone who likes to be the one in control.

it the 2nd time he back tracking from a francis call out.

Do you think this is just a ploy by him to price himself out of the fight or do you genuinely think he just wants to get paid? Cause I don’t see dana accepting his demands, Dana is someone who likes to be the one in control.

jon will fight again he just rrying to back track from fighting francis for the 2nd time.

If there is anything Jon Jones has shown me throughout his career, is rhat he is afraid of fighting guys....

Jones wants enough $ to make getting KTFO & his stock dropping significantly worth it.

I don't think he's afraid of fighting Francis. I don't think he's afraid to fight any man. But he is negotiating hard right now. The guy wants to get paid his fair share and I don't blame him for it.

...if smells like duck $|-|i+, and ducks like a duck.... then it's clearly jon no cojones.

• When he asked for more money at LHW sherdoggers said he was ducking Reyes.
  • When he asked for more money at HW they said he was ducking Stipe.
  • Now they say he’s ducking Ngannou.

So either JJ is ducking EVERYONE in the UFC, or he’s honestly holding out for more money no matter who he fights next.

And my guess is at least half the sherdoggers who claim he’s ducking Ngannou still don’t grok that he’s been asking for more money for over a year, even though they’ve been told countless times all this week.

I think he's ducking, but not out of fear of Francis. Fear of losing a fight on his legacy. That said, he shouldn't have been talking all this crap about moving up to HW if he was just gonna stall when he get there. Very few of us actually believed he would even fight at HW, and now it seems that we were right.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

He had been talking about getting a money fight since he called out Brock Lesnar.

The legacy won't get tarnished if he loses at HW. He's still the GOAT LHW (if steroids are taken out of the equation obviously lol).

Again, feels weird defending Jones since I hate him.

The guy wants a money fight, wants to stick it to Dana and the UFC. He knows his career is winding down and he's not going to have a chance at that big payday. Yet posters on here are taking the UFC and Dana's side on things. Weird.

Hes near the end of his career, he's looking for a payday he can retire on.

Ask any sherdogger if they would fight ngannouu for one million. They will say yes. Jones isn’t a sherdogger. So his one million is around 15. It’s a little bit of column a and a little of column b. Jones doesn’t want to fight many more fights if he doesn’t have to. He is negotiating. Just in a dumb manner. But I don’t except Jones to surprise me with his intellect.

Jones hater here.

He wants the pay day.

To say Jon Jones is ducking anyone is ridiculous.

Again this is coming from a hater. I'm shocked the amount of people saying Jon is "scared" or "ducking"
I'm with you 100%, Jones is a piece of shit and I don't have him in the GOAT discussion because of the peds. Having said that, he is without a doubt the greatest fighter I've ever seen, and I don't think there's a man in recent history who I'd favour to beat him in a fight, with the exception of a prime Fedor. To say this man is scared to fight is fucking laughable.

Easy question. More money.

Jones isn't going back to LHW. This is it for him.

There is nowhere for him to run

His glorious CTE is upon us

For the King rises

I think he wants to get paid, like all athletes.

Take the Cowboys' quarterback, Dak Prescott. He refused to signed a new deal with his team and they were offering him $30+ million per season. This is common in all sports. Athletes sit out anything that's not mandatory until they get paid. JJ is in the same position, the UFC can't force him to fight so he can sit out until they give him a number he's good with. Of course, this backfires for a lot of athletes too so we'll see.

But this is a big money fight and JJJ would be a fool to not try and get more money for it. Conor already showed that the UFC will capitulate if they think you're worth it.

He knows its a big fight and that it represent more risk than usual. It is understandable that he ask more for that one. I think his stragegy to say : show me the money was wrong however. If he gets what he wants afterthat, odds are more fighters will try this in the futur and the UFC.... well they are known to be cheap.

money tbh. If this were boxing 10 million would be on the low end of what Jones would be entitled to demand, and I figure a lot of the champs know they're being short changed.

Jon would take less money for a fight with Stipe (had he won) in a heartbeat.
If you don't realize he's ducking you must be slow.

That's probably true, but its also standard for any kind of work. An electrician is going to charge you more to do a house to commercial standards than he would for residential standards. Does that mean the electrician is ducking commercial work, or just that people want to be paid more for harder work?

If Jones was afraid of being hit he'd have found a different sport than MMA. And everyone gets hit a lot when they first start training MMA (just about everyone in their first club will be better than them). People who are afraid of being hurt get weeded out very quickly.

Greed on the other hand never gets weeded out of sport.

Back