Opinion Do you believe Pitbulls are genetically the most dangerous dog?

Do you believe Pitbulls are genetically the most dangerous dog?

• Total voters
P4P? Maybe.

Absolute? No chance. As others have stated, there are plenty if much larger/stronger dogs, who were specifically bred to be aggressive and territorial. Caucasian Shepherds, Kangals, Dogo's, Canes, etc. There's just not millions of those dogs around.

They present the greatest danger overall.

The world is full of guys with small dicks that are trying to compensate, that is why so many of these are in shelters; they get pit bulls to look like a tough guy and end up taking them to shelters or leaving them on the streets.

The fighting aspect of these dogs actually does increase their aggression both behaviorally and genetically. The idea that you can't breed for aggression is wrong. If you want a trait, you can breed for it by breeding dogs repeatedly that show that trait over multiple generations. That's the way animals were domesticated and bred for specific traits to begin with, including dogs.

Getting a pit from a shelter is dangerous IMO because you never know what you are going to get. Pretty sure even the most potentially aggressive dog can be socialized well if you get them as a small pup, but you never know what people did to it before you got it at a shelter. My understanding is that with a previously poorly socialized, aggressive pit, no amount of testing will tell you for sure that the dog isn't going to fly off the handle and attack someone later.

I don't blame you. They are a highly capable and scary breed.
I had a close call walking home from school one time. A neighbor left the fence in the front of his yard open and two Rottweilers got out circling me, barking and trying to jump at me. Thankfully there was a guy trimming a tree across the street that was able to get their attention towards him so I was able to book it out of there and get home. I would have been fucked if both of them got a hold of me. Yeah I don't fucking trust Rottweilers just like Pitbulls.

Granted, every breed has sweethearts but they are usually obvious when they are friendly.

P4P? Maybe.

Absolute? No chance. As others have stated, there are plenty if much larger/stronger dogs, who were specifically bred to be aggressive and territorial. Caucasian Shepherds, Kangals, Dogo's, Canes, etc. There's just not millions of those dogs around.
Those dogs are typically aggressive towards threatening animals, as they were bred to protect flocks. They usually aren't aggressive towards people. They can certainly fuck a person up if they wanted to, they just aren't as psycho as Pits.

Poor socially stunted people on the internet. Can't seem to open a conversation without trying to start a bitch fight. Goodbye.

I suspect you didnt want to answer that question, I wonder why

I had a close call walking home from school one time. A neighbor left the fence in the front of his yard open and two Rottweilers got out circling me, barking and trying to jump at me. Thankfully there was a guy trimming a tree across the street that was able to get their attention towards him so I was able to book it out of there and get home. I would have been fucked if both of them got a hold of me. Yeah I don't fucking trust Rottweilers just like Pitbulls.

Granted, every breed has sweethearts but they are usually obvious when they are friendly.
See that's what I'm talking about. Like you pointed out, if they decided to attack you, you'd be dead. Owners like that need to be prosecuted to the fullest length for that negligence and the dogs euthanized.

We need to start seeing negligent owners behind bars along with proper K9 legislation.

Well all are doing it wrong in the States in Africa this is how they roll. Older time Sherdoggers remember the game Pitbull thread? lol That being said I think smaller breeds are more dangerous but Pitbill even friendly gets people freaked out. My neighbor owns a timber-wolf St Bernard mix and it at 4 months already checks in at 70 lbs and I think would run over a pit.

x9liYxBV41DW1MEj45Pt_nQU8N0N4vt7GVwif0kw8dQ.jpg

Last edited:
- No. But they atract the most retarded scum.

I'm not talking about the average dog lover, i am talking about people that see those poor animals as a status. If dogs reproduce the owner personality, you do the math!

A big Cane Corso could bite a pit right in half
Easy

- This. And i hope they dont get the dog of moment status. Some guy posted a stats, and some retards managed to make even Labs and Boxers enter the list of dangerous dogs!

Cane Corsos, although very scary, are great dogs to kids.

- I had a similar experience.

Two decades ago, i was walking, and theres a extremely skinny girl, walking with a Rot, the dog scaped her, and come to my direction running, i frozen, that gigantic creature come very close and very fast, for my lucky, he only wanted to get pet. It's was my most scary experience with a animal. And sometimes i get Jararacas in my yard and Korals.

They present the greatest danger overall.

The world is full of guys with small dicks that are trying to compensate, that is why so many of these are in shelters; they get pit bulls to look like a tough guy and end up taking them to shelters or leaving them on the streets.

The fighting aspect of these dogs actually does increase their aggression both behaviorally and genetically. The idea that you can't breed for aggression is wrong. If you want a trait, you can breed for it by breeding dogs repeatedly that show that trait over multiple generations. That's the way animals were domesticated and bred for specific traits to begin with, including dogs.

Getting a pit from a shelter is dangerous IMO because you never know what you are going to get. Pretty sure even the most potentially aggressive dog can be socialized well if you get them as a small pup, but you never know what people did to it before you got it at a shelter. My understanding is that with a previously poorly socialized, aggressive pit, no amount of testing will tell you for sure that the dog isn't going to fly off the handle and attack someone later.

- Even my beloved Filas brasileiros, aka Brazilian Mastifs, are very dangerous dogs. They're the only breed that the judges cant touch on dogs shows. They're really agressive toward strangers. Also they have high prey drive, smalls pets shound't get rised close to them.

You can rise cats with pitbulls, the girl next door pit, doesnt care about all the cats that run here, a Fila would sadly kill them all.

What i get about several people that get dogs, it's they dont know about the breed.

So all the dogs listed have varying levels of gameness. Gameness is a willingness to die in a fight. Out of the dogs listed I'd say it's a toss up between the Tosa Inu and the Pitbull for the most gamey.

The pitbull has that going for it with regard to it's "genetics" once it's set off, they just don't stop. You can crack a baseball bat over its head and it will keep coming at you. But thats the terrier in it coming through. The Tosa has terrier blood as well.

The Tosa has that "fight to the death" bred into it the same as a Pit, except they are like 3x the size and way more powerful. The Japanese weren't fucking around when they bred fighting dogs. They are likely the odds on favorite to win any fight to the death with another dog. There are bigger, more powerful dogs but they aren't pure bred fighters like Tosa are.

They're banned almost everywhere and even where they aren't they're expensive, so they'll never be the widespread threat that Pit and Pit mixes are.

IIRC, something like 90%+ of attacks are from intact males. My pitbull is fixed and 15 years old now, and he's attacked nobody. I'm also a member of the central South Dakota chapter of Patriots for Pitties, and no one's dog in that group or in any group we've ever worked with has attacked a soul.

People who want to ban pitbulls also want to ban guns. Molon labe, motherfuckers
Oddly enough it's mostly right wing people who usually complain about pitbulls being allowed to exist from what I see. I agree though, I like pitbulls too

Inspired by this thread.

I know people are going to say smaller dogs tend to bite more, that maybe true, but their bites are nothing close to what damage a Pitbull can do.

So therefore I believe Pitbulls and their types are the most dangerous dogs that's out there. They have enough bite force to inflict enough damage that can maim or kill grown adults.

I know some or most would say it's the owner fault Pitbulls are acting in this behaviour. But these same owners buy other types of breed of dogs, but you don't see as much carnage you see Pitbulls inflict on it's community.

I think they are naturally very aggressive and considering their size and strength it's a very dangerous lethal combination.

If you are willing to buy these type of animals, be certain of the consequences or worst case scenarios of owning these type of dogs.

That's just my thoughts on it.

That's because it IS the owner's fault, at least for the most part. There will always be dogs that are mild mannered and well trained that get snappy.

Go around an untrained or aggressively trained German Shepherd, Rotty, malamute, Akita, chow chow, etc...

They will fuck you up.

A Pit Bull that's grown up around people and treated like any other dog is friendly as hell.

Nothing scarier than aggressive German shepherd imo. They are insanely athletic,
big as shit, smart as fuck and will straight fuck you up.

We had one that we had to get rid of because we were scared it was going to bite one of the neighbor's kids. Absolutely beautiful dog, but acted schizo. Friendly one minute, ready to rip your head off the next minute if anybody got within 5 steps of my mother lol. Scary. As. Fuck.

Had an Akita run up on me when I was in college. One of my friend's mom had a boyfriend that was showing me how to swap out a fuse box for the subwoofers in my car...he forgot to tell me he had his dog out. Pulled in the driveway, climbed out of my car and that 120lbs hell beast came running at my ass. Nope nope nope.

I called him and he was like "ah, he doesn't bite, but he will stand there and stare at people he doesn't know"

...I was just like "yea man, thanks for making me shit myself"

Pitbulls get a bad rep because they are common and you got jack offs teaching them to bite people or to fight other dogs. Fuck those retards. Also, probably doesn't help that a lot of people adopt grown pits from shelters and who knows what the past is for a lot of them that end up there. I live in farm country and the shelters are stock full of them at all times here.

Last edited:
Inspired by this thread.

I know people are going to say smaller dogs tend to bite more, that maybe true, but their bites are nothing close to what damage a Pitbull can do.

So therefore I believe Pitbulls and their types are the most dangerous dogs that's out there. They have enough bite force to inflict enough damage that can maim or kill grown adults.

I know some or most would say it's the owner fault Pitbulls are acting in this behaviour. But these same owners buy other types of breed of dogs, but you don't see as much carnage you see Pitbulls inflict on it's community.

I think they are naturally very aggressive and considering their size and strength it's a very dangerous lethal combination.

If you are willing to buy these type of animals, be certain of the consequences or worst case scenarios of owning these type of dogs.

That's just my thoughts on it.
No they are just misunderstood love pets who also happen to feed on people.

Oddly enough it's mostly right wing people who usually complain about pitbulls being allowed to exist from what I see. I agree though, I like pitbulls too
TBH I think that the level of typical pitbull owners make this a non partisan issue. I wouldn't be surprised if most pitbull owners never voted.

Back