Do you consider Joanna Vs Weili the GOAT WMMA fight ever?

TheOneAboveAll3

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I mean it was good but I liked the Holly vs Tate fight more. I would love to also choose Nunes vs Cyborg since I loved how beautiful and accurate Nunes fought cyborg but I can see why most here wouldnt agree with me. She also beat the fighter most considered the GOAT WMMA

I prefer Holly vs rousey tbh but it's just a personal preference thing I wouldn't argue with anyone saying this was the goat fight, personally for me to say a fight is a goat fight I want to see some people being put on skates multiple times whereareas there was damage I felt like this fight there was only one time someone was on queer street and that was zhang at the end of round 2.

I mean it was good but I liked the Holly vs Tate fight more. I would love to also choose Nunes vs Cyborg since I loved how beautiful and accurate Nunes fought cyborg but I can see why most here wouldnt agree with me. She also beat the fighter most considered the GOAT WMMA
Holly vs Tate was pretty one sided until Tate caught that choke at the last minute. Nunes vs Cyborg was quick. Both were Epic moments but Zhang vs JJ was the women's version of Shogun vs Hendo.

I have it at about 6th GOAT... right after the 5 other Greatest of all times

Hopefully we don’t get anymore goats because how many greatests can there be and how much time is there?

It has to be considering the skill level. I cant think of any better fights. Andrade/Hill stands out.

I have it at about 6th GOAT... right after the 5 other Greatest of all times

Hopefully we don’t get anymore goats because how many greatests can there be and how much time is there?

LMAO I feel you. Joan Anik has about 1000 GOAT Fights and the top 100 fighters at LW are top 5 fighters at LW according to him.

It's hard to top Holly kicking Ronda's head into the stands.

It would be exciting today, but "better" tomorrow.

Zhang needs to tighten up her game imo.

It’s the goat fight the Rousey fight was a goat slaughter.

Not sure if I consider it the best ever, but it is defo better than your pics. Holly v Tate was a batter of the butts and a great last second comeback win for Tate and Nunes pretty just smashed half man half roid. Don't get me wrong I do thoroughly enjoy both. I actually don't know what I would say is the best fight of all time.

LMAO I feel you. Joan Anik has about 1000 GOAT Fights and the top 100 fighters at LW are top 5 fighters at LW according to him.

Lol! Joan Anik probably has a couple intercontinental GOATS on his list right up there with his tag team goats

Do you consider Joanna Vs Weili the GOAT WMMA fight ever?
giphy.gif

I’d don’t like to rank these things. But, let’s face it. Many will say Ronda vs Holly, or Cyborg vs Nunes. But, those don’t compare on the actual scale as to the back and forth war this was, or the fact it went the distance at such a high pace.

It’s right up there.

Tate vs Holly would have been a draw without the finish (meisha 10-8 round) according to all 3 judges if I remember correctly! Both are great, as well as Nunes vs Cat as well. But I truly hate non title WMMA so my opinion means nothing on this subject if I'm being totally fair

Let's say I can't think of another WMMA fight that's clearly better. It has the virtues of involving skilled, very game fighters, of being very competitive and going five rounds.

The fight was basically a boxing match with MMA gloves. One takedown and a couple of missed inside leg kicks.

Ffs I still haven't seen this fight. I happened to see the result before the fight and struggle to bring myself to watch any fight that goes the distance, once I know the result.

Back