Do you consider that a humiliating loss for Israel Adesanya?

Was that a humiliating loss for Izzy?

• Yes

Votes: 475 84.1%
  • No

Votes: 90 15.9%

• Total voters
It doesn't come across as humiliating, just a bad night
Pretty good observation, when you lay it all out (losing a striking match to a bum) its pretty fucked but watching the fight and then the decision I felt more disappointed than anything being an izzy fan
Probably because he washes him in the rematch

Definitely just buying standard edition ufc5 now tho lmfao

It is bad performance. Australia is sort of his hometown. He even flew in his kung fu instructor for this fight. Israel couldn't get going in this fight. I thought he would try to clinch to steal rounds or poke for weaknesses. He couldn't make any adjustments at all.

i think he was rocked through the rest of the fight after the 1st rd. at least that's my guess.

Exactly and especially when you proclaimed to be levels above him.

The fact that it is both humiliating and shocking is the reason I think you gotta run it back though - you have to find out if thats a bad night against an opponent you underestimated or if the other guy is the real deal.

No. He fought to the end, tried till the end.

An embarrassing loss is like Nunes quitting against Pena, or Ben Askrew getting ktfo by Paul for big money and all smiles right after.

No shame in losing to a high level opponent.
He didn't do shit. Keep Copeing. Your Idol got embarrased big time. He was so embarrased, he left the post fight conference less then 30 seconds in. Jizzy got cucked by Sean! LOL

The fact that it is both humiliating and shocking is the reason I think you gotta run it back though - you have to find out if thats a bad night against an opponent you underestimated or if the other guy is the real deal.

I'm okay with them running it back and I'm okay with a new challenger. It's all gravy to me!

Fuck am I happy with Strickland winning!

Sean Strickland now elite.
Izzy backpedaling on the feet.
Embarrassing in the sense that he was never in it, never really amounted offense, and Sean played it at his own game.
Izzy needed a humbling moment like that IMO. It's alittle much when you wearing pearl necklace, doing your nails, and making frozen references.
Great gameplan, that only someone like Sean Strickland could execute.
Amazing to see.

Very humiliating loss for Izzy

If it was just some fluke KO it wouldn't be that bad

Instead Sean exposed Izzy in all aspects of striking which is supposed to be Izzy strength offensively and defensively for 5 rounds
lol don't go too far either^^ that was more like a light sparring than a complete beatdown. Without the kd in the firts, it's a pure snoozefest, that's all. Credit to sean, that was a good point fight but nothing clean landed during 24m50s.

Only bigger upset I can imagine is Serra over GSP, this is a huge loss for Izzy. I still can't believe that Sean is a UFC champ right now

It can be both at the same time though.
True. For those who deemed Izzy unbeatable., he certainly is not. Just need a fighter and his coaches to see it, and be willing and able to exploit it. Always appreciate that because it means they are doing their job when many others seem like they are not.

lol don't go too far either^^ that was more like a light sparring than a complete beatdown. Without the kd in the firts, it's a pure snoozefest, that's all. Credit to sean, that was a good point fight but nothing clean landed during 24m50s.

Still outclassed Izzy with ease in striking on which is what Izzy is supposed to be world class at for 5 rounds

Sean made Izzy look like an amateur on the feet

Doesn't get anymore humiliating than that for Izzy

Yes. If he caught a flash KO and lost, it wouldn’t be as bad but he lost 4 rounds and got hammered.

Strickland made Adesanya look bad. I suspected that Adesanya would have problems getting to Strickland and dealing with his pressure, but still expected him to avoid the fight well enough to figure skate to a decision. Turns out he literally had nothing for Strickland.

Adesanya could not work his kicks because Strickland knows how to check, slide back and block/catch. This is usually the well he goes to in a point fight. And as far as his hands go, he is an ambush fighter; he throws fast and from surprising angles, then disappears, but he is not a good boxer. He is not comfortable in the pocket or capable of breaking an opponent down with his hands.

I am quite certain that Strickland does more or less the same in the rematch, even though Adesanya will do his best to minimize risk, make it a boring point fight. Pereira got careless last time but he would beat Adesanya in a third fight for the same reasons: kick defense, better boxing, pressure. Adesanya's days at the top are over.

Strickland made Adesanya look bad. I suspected that Adesanya would have problems getting to Strickland and dealing with his pressure, but still expected him to avoid the fight well enough to figure skate to a decision. Turns out he literally had nothing for Strickland.

Adesanya could not work his kicks because Strickland knows how to check, slide back and block/catch. This is usually the well he goes to in a point fight. And as far as his hands go, he is an ambush fighter; he throws fast and from surprising angles, then disappears, but he is not a good boxer. He is not comfortable in the pocket or capable of breaking an opponent down with his hands.

I am quite certain that Strickland does more or less the same in the rematch, even though Adesanya will do his best to minimize risk, make it a boring point fight. Pereira got careless last time but he would beat Adesanya in a third fight for the same reasons: kick defense, better boxing, pressure. Adesanya's days at the top are over.
sean did his homework, couuld read everything, and only attacked when the moment presented itself. good shit for sean strickland. never thought we'd be saying he's elite and 185 champ, but here we are. everyone complaining about this match up, this is what we are here for. this is what we suffer for. we did it, sherdog. we fucking did it.

Back