Do you consider that a humiliating loss for Israel Adesanya?

Was that a humiliating loss for Izzy?

• Yes

Votes: 475 84.1%
  • No

Votes: 90 15.9%

• Total voters
absolutely, it was a 100% freebie fight for him and he got dominated for 5 rounds lmao

he's done

I don't think it was humiliating, most certainly embarrassing.

Humiliating was Gustafson vs Rumble in Sweden, that was humiliating, watching Gus lose the way he did, in front of his countrymen, the way he broke down after the fight, no comparison.

Izzy been living that Roberto Duran life lol these days, styling it up with Mark Zuckerberg, imagine his life,.... man's been enjoying it for sure lol.

He fucking said he was going to KTFO Strickland..

Yeah.. That’s embarrassing as fuck. Considering there was no time in that fight that Izzy was trying to end it. 50 fucking leg kicks. What a clown.

'Embarrassing as fuck' isn't the same as
humiliating lol, I agree it was embarrassing as fuck for Izzy, but not humiliating, like when Forest cried when Jardine knocked him out, that was humiliating.
Izzy didn't cry, he did look extremely embarrassed with himself, probably is eating a huge whack of humble pie as we speak lol.

Humiliation in that he got well dominated, but not because it was Sean.

People talking as if betting odds, which fighters have no control over, have any bearing on the fight itself.

JDS was a huge dog against Werdum.
Werdum was a huge dog against Fedor.
Lauzon was a huge dog against Pulver.
Moreno was a huge dog against Figuereido.
Edgar was a huge dog against Penn.

And the list goes on. The betting odds doesn't define the fight nor the fighter. The lopsided odds doesn't define how good the fighter is, it just reflects public perception of the fight
Cry as much as you like. Your homie got clowned by a full time clown. Doesn't get worse than that. Tailor made matchup for Izzy and he got punked. All the glory to the Red, white , and blue (forever n always).

Very much so. Alex beat him like we knew he could. Was on his way to beating him again in the second and got out foxed.

This guy came in as an entertaining filler. Wasn’t even really taking HIMSELF seriously. Got cracked, choked when it came time to step it up.

Congrats to the new undisputed champ Sean Strickland

Do you guys consider that performance humiliating? Why or why not?
https%3A%2F%2Fvms-network-images-prod.s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com%2F2023%2F09%2F535047%2Fpickerimage.jpg
Ok, although I am not a fan of Izzy...I thought his performance was horrible...but after 5 rounds...I do think Sean can do it again in a rematch because he saw everything from Izzy...IDK how? ...my guess is he had some secret trainers ...that go by the names of Glover and Alex...yeah seriously dude...they spilled the beans to Sean to beat him cause they don't like him imo...

No. He fought to the end, tried till the end.

An embarrassing loss is like Nunes quitting against Pena, or Ben Askrew getting ktfo by Paul for big money and all smiles right after.

No shame in losing to a high level opponent.

It wasn't embarrassing, that's a stupid take for sure but how much did he actually try till the end? He just kept moving back and pitter patter with kicks and some punches. Last 20 seconds Sean is screaming at him and almost running into him and Izzy looked beyond defeated with no sense or urgency of trying to actually win the fight and just survive.

Defeats are part and parcel of this dangerous sport BUT Izzy has been really arrogant for a while with his "I need a new challenge" so "I might fight x, y and z next" when in reality a lot of his wins have been stale to say the least.

He has rarely looked invincible despite his antics but Sean was the first guy who wasn't prepared to buy into Izzys safety first approach and was in his face. Turned out to be a wise decision.

I'm happy for Sean wonder how Bisping feels who always throws it out there that he was so much better than Sean when they trained together now he is also a champion.

Yeah it definitely is. It wasn't a fluke, he literally got beat at his own game

Hell yes.
Izzy is Black Jesus - he turned free title defence into loss.

I'm happy for Sean wonder how Bisping feels who always throws it out there that he was so much better than Sean when they trained together now he is also a champion.
I mean, Bisping was in his prime and Sean was on the come up. It wouldn't make sense for Bisping to be anything other than levels above Sean at that time.

It's why for all the shit Bisping gets in here, his peers all have tons of respect for him, especially those that gave trained with him, they know how good he was

Izzy done humiliated himself, atleast the new champion doesn't paint his nails and jack off to cartoons, thank God sean saved us from seeing his tik Tok dance what a flamer

Congrats to the new undisputed champ Sean Strickland

Do you guys consider that performance humiliating? Why or why not?
https%3A%2F%2Fvms-network-images-prod.s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com%2F2023%2F09%2F535047%2Fpickerimage.jpg
At face value it seemed Strickland was not on his level. As such he should not lose to fighters like Strickland. Plus the fans harassing him, all the China shit, all the dog shit and the most tragic part is this is Izzy's most well composed, least cringy build up ik recent times on his part. Still got his ass kicked. Outstruck even by Strickland. The Pereira thing was not as humiliating. Pereira is known to be a menace as far as striking is concerned but Strickland...who just basically left a bootprint on his ass, never should have beaten imo. I underestimated Strickland too much as an observer.

Back