• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Do you feel bad for Henry Cejudo?

Man if you only followed Henry since the begining. He literally said nothing at the start of his mma career and early UFC fights. He did no media , talked smacked , nothing. Just competed. However, his coach knew that the smaller divisions were not getting much attention and might get cut.

He told Henry that you need to talk more to sell more . Simple as that. Henry started to and the rest is history. Now you can get him off camera .
Super-duper. He decided to be a dick, because there was more money in it for him.

But the topic of this message thread is do we feel sorry or bad for him. No, because he chose to go the dick route, so there's nothing to feel bad for him about.

He looked pretty devastated, as all athletes would when they put in their heart and soul into something and fall short.

Do you feel bad for Henry?
Eqb-VLz8-Uw-AA35sw.jpg
That fight proved what has always been true - when skill is almost even, the bigger guy wins. Which is why we have all these guys fighting one to two weightclasses below where they should fight.

Of course. Because he is serious athlete who gives it his all to sport. I knew that he is underestimating Aljo, but I also know he gives everything to this even if he doesn’t need to. Natural competitor, can’t hate him for that.

Taking off 3 years is not "giving your all to the sport"

He "didn't need to" So he fucking didn't. He took 3 fucking years to do other things.

That fight proved what has always been true - when skill is almost even, the bigger guy wins. Which is why we have all these guys fighting one to two weightclasses below where they should fight.
If they can consistently make weight, then that's where they "should" fight.

However, I'd be for something like New York (is it New York?), where they check your weight the day before and then before getting into the cage, and there's only a certain amount of water weight (as a percentage of the weight class limit) they allow you to drop at the last minute, and then put back on.

But until they do that, if a fighter can get there, that's their weight, as the rules allow.

staunchy, the 8th dwarf..

aljo was just too big.
also wasnt sure how to deal with aljo's snapping turtle defensive technique

needed a tuneup.

I feel bad for myself because the little cunt couldn't win the one fight I wanted him to win lmao.

He'll be fine, maybe if he was a bit more active or a couple inches taller he could beat Sterling

If they can consistently make weight, then that's where they "should" fight.

However, I'd be for something like New York (is it New York?), where they check your weight the day before and then before getting into the cage, and there's only a certain amount of water weight (as a percentage of the weight class limit) they allow you to drop at the last minute, and then put back on.

But until they do that, if a fighter can get there, that's their weight, as the rules allow.
Nah, they should fight at their fight weight - that is why there is weight classes. Right now, it is legal cheating - it is a remnant of the old days where weight cutting, while it existed, was not as extreme as it is now, so the rules were not set up for it. And it is not like the UFC does not see weight cutting as a problem, that is why they banned IV's(that a lot of fighters still use). I do understand why people weightcut though, it is a huge advantage to be bigger in a fight.

I agree the rules you mention would be better.

He looked pretty devastated, as all athletes would when they put in their heart and soul into something and fall short.

Do you feel bad for Henry?
Eqb-VLz8-Uw-AA35sw.jpg
hey TS, post a pic of Cejudo with his fiancé instead... so we shertards know to stay in our lane

ExSiD2VXMAI-nup.jpg

Not at all.

I have a huge dislike for Cejudo not the fighter, but the persona. It’s incomprehensible to me why you would try so hard to be someone you’re not, especially after accomplishing so much in life. Fake people are a major turn-off for me and Henry does his utmost.

It's called being an entertainer or acting. Which brings you way more money than when he was just winning and saying nothing.

It's called being an entertainer or acting. Which brings you way more money than when he was just winning and saying nothing.
Well then he’s garbage at acting or entertaining and I’ll just not watch content other than the fight.

I can’t knock him for trying to get money but I can for him being an insufferable manlet while doing so.
<JackieThumbsUp>

Well then he’s garbage at acting or entertaining and I’ll just not watch content other than the fight.

I can’t knock him for trying to get money but I can for him being an insufferable manlet while doing so.
<JackieThumbsUp>

Well considering his YouTube channel is blowing up and he had way more fans than aljo in his home state shows many people enjoy Henry comedy or cringe. But you have the right to you opinion.

I knew that he is underestimating Aljo
How so? Simply because he lost the fight? If someone loses a fight you can 100% without a doubt claim they underestimated their opponent?

It looks like he was very prepared and did a great job. The size different was a huge factor. I'm sure he could make adjustments in a rematch, but you really don't think he was prepared?

Nope. Don't know the guy, I just enjoy watching MMA.

Nah I feel bad for Aljo who just cant get any love whatsoever from the fanbase even though he never did anything wrong and seems like a pretty good guy.

Cejudo retired in his prime like some attention starved diva, I have zero sympathy for him and his annoying arrogance acting like hes gods gift to MMA

Nah, he's 36, coming off of a 3 year layoff and still arguably beat that weak ass champion. He exposed BW and prime Cejudo pisses all over the division

Agony of defeat comes with the territory; Triple C has accomplished so much in his short life.✌️

How so? Simply because he lost the fight? If someone loses a fight you can 100% without a doubt claim they underestimated their opponent?

It looks like he was very prepared and did a great job. The size different was a huge factor. I'm sure he could make adjustments in a rematch, but you really don't think he was prepared?
No, he was definitely prepared, but he thought Aljo is worse than he really is, he even admitted it post-fight (and in the back to the Aljo himself). You could see his face during wrestling exchanges, he thought is was gonna be easier than it was. Other than that, I have written that I respect Henry because I know he gave it his all in camp and preparation for at least a year, even though his legacy is set in stone.

Back