Television Do you get excited for Star Wars

Confession: i never seen star wars never not one. seeing star wars always in movie polls makes me want to sit down and watch it one day & see what the hype is all about

When George Lucas still had control, I believe there were 4 levels of canon

Films
Expanded Universe
Video Games

something else

Anyway, point being that the general population wasn't aware of the EU stuff unless they went looking for it. In a sense, it was good because there was more artistic freedom for creators, yet it didn't dilute the overall main product- the films.

EU was very much official Lucas Arts cannon.

Tim Zahn who basically kick started the EU with the "Heir to The Empire" trilogy stated (mind you this was before the PT) that he had the ok to create what he wanted but aside from slight approved references, the whole PT era was off limits.

The insane clone of jedi master Ma C'both was originally supposed to be an insane Clone of Obi Wan..but got nixed.

Funny to see EU stuff getting ripped off after being declared "Legends" post Disney purchase.

The Last Jedi killed SW for me. It's really the worst movie theater experience I ever had, and I've seen a lot of bad films in the theaters.

It also really exposed the access media for the shills they are. Prior to this movie I would dismiss people who claimed the critics are bought.

Last edited:
No. I started watching the final season of Bad Batch and I'm way behind because I'm not eager to see what's next. Didn't watch the Star Wars kiddie cartoon on Disney+. Didn't watch more than two episodes of Star Wars Visions Season 2.

hell yea beam me up chewy

or Luke screaming "VAAADER"

lightsabers set to stun

I'd love 5 mins on the holo deck with leia

also earth mail with his double sides phaser was badass

and that while story of that chick stalking the C3po actor is hilarious

Watched the first one decades ago and thought it kind of silly and never saw another installment.

If Disney literally burned Kathleen Kennedy at the stake and maybe Rian Johnson too, then maybe they would have my attention.

Short of that... meh.

I heard they brought Ventress back in Bad Batch S3e9, which is weird because she definitely died in Canon. But maybe I will put myself thru the torture of seeing her come back as a lesbian out of some bizarre self flagulation ritual.

I still get excited for anything with Dave Filoni's name attached to it.

It's like Dave and Kathleen are locked in a battle. She's trying to destroy star wars and he's trying to save it.

Except she outranks him so it's kinda like the powerful empire vs a ragtag rebellion.

When I was a kid and the very first movie came out I did. After that, nope.

EU was very much official Lucas Arts cannon.

Tim Zahn who basically kick started the EU with the "Heir to The Empire" trilogy stated (mind you this was before the PT) that he had the ok to create what he wanted but aside from slight approved references, the whole PT era was off limits.

The insane clone of jedi master Ma C'both was originally supposed to be an insane Clone of Obi Wan..but got nixed.

Funny to see EU stuff getting ripped off after being declared "Legends" post Disney purchase.
Yea I know it was technically canon, and I read that book trilogy you mentioned, just that it wasn't part of the mainstream blockbuster movie canon. Now they are clearly not because of the whole new trilogy with Rey and Kylo Ren.

The more far out ideas for Star Wars were sent to EU while the blockbuster movies were still relatively easy to follow. The movies were few and far between so a new release was essentially a cultural event.

Nowadays, not so much.

Yea I know it was technically canon, and I read that book trilogy you mentioned, just that it wasn't part of the mainstream blockbuster movie canon. Now they are clearly not because of the whole new trilogy with Rey and Kylo Ren.

The more far out ideas for Star Wars were sent to EU while the blockbuster movies were still relatively easy to follow. The movies were few and far between so a new release was essentially a cultural event.

Nowadays, not so much.

Fun facts: the name of the galactic capitol, Courscant, was taken from the Thrawn Trilogy and used on screen in the Phantom Menace, and Darth Maul's double bladed saber was from the tales of the Jedi comic, so there was some "trickle up" to the big screen.

Not since the last Jedi. I'm not excited for aliens, predator, terminator, robocop, die hard, transformers, superhero movies, or any of the other pointless remakes and rehashes either. I can only watch so many terrible movies and I'm not even a film snob type. I like simple action movies lol but they're just terrible now.

Mildly interested in Andor s2 and fat Thrawn.

Acolyte could be good or could be as bad as Kenobi.

The Ray and Shin Hottie plotline in Ahsoka was interesting but they just teased breadcrumbs and didn't really wrap anything about it by the time the season finale ended.

Now, you might think Star Wars is just some sci-fi flick about space battles and Jedi knights, but let me tell you, it goes deeper than that.

The powers that be in Hollywood have been pulling the wool over our eyes for decades, and it's all part of a sinister plot to control our minds and manipulate our society. You see, Star Wars isn't just entertainment, it's a tool of the elite to normalize their twisted agenda.

Think about it, why do you think they introduced Wookiees into the Star Wars universe? Sure, they might look like big, cuddly furballs, but it's all a facade, my friends. It's a clever ploy to desensitize us to the idea of non-human genders.

That's right, the real agenda behind Star Wars is to get us all to accept Wookiees as a gender!

They want us to believe that gender isn't just binary, it's intergalactic! And once they've got us thinking that, who knows what other abominations they'll try to force down our throats?

See it for what it really is... a weapon of mass manipulation designed to warp our minds and control our very thoughts.

RESIST DAMNIT!!!

OIP.A097Yaun9oRZacVlVFvE1wHaM4

This is the real Star Wars beyond the OG & Prequel trilogies. The real 'Expanded Universe' and now known aa 'Legends.'

Disney butchered their chances with the SW audience multiple of times now. Disney paid $4 billion to own Star Wars, but they just wanted the audience without having to earn the audience.

The sad fact is they pulled many aspects of the EU and put them in SW movies, like Han & Leia's son falling to the dark side & Han Solo's backstory.... and they completely bastardized them all.

Now, you might think Star Wars is just some sci-fi flick about space battles and Jedi knights, but let me tell you, it goes deeper than that.

The powers that be in Hollywood have been pulling the wool over our eyes for decades, and it's all part of a sinister plot to control our minds and manipulate our society. You see, Star Wars isn't just entertainment, it's a tool of the elite to normalize their twisted agenda.

Think about it, why do you think they introduced Wookiees into the Star Wars universe? Sure, they might look like big, cuddly furballs, but it's all a facade, my friends. It's a clever ploy to desensitize us to the idea of non-human genders.

That's right, the real agenda behind Star Wars is to get us all to accept Wookiees as a gender!

They want us to believe that gender isn't just binary, it's intergalactic! And once they've got us thinking that, who knows what other abominations they'll try to force down our throats?

See it for what it really is... a weapon of mass manipulation designed to warp our minds and control our very thoughts.

RESIST DAMNIT!!!

So what I'm hearing here is, Alex Jones got too drunk at comic con and had a sexual encounter with someone in a wookie fur suit.

He did not resist, damnit!

OIP.A097Yaun9oRZacVlVFvE1wHaM4

This is the real Star Wars beyond the OG & Prequel trilogies. The real 'Expanded Universe' and now known aa 'Legends.'

Disney butchered their chances with the SW audience multiple of times now. Disney paid $4 billion to own Star Wars, but they just wanted the audience without having to earn the audience.

The sad fact is they pulled many aspects of the EU and put them in SW movies, like Han & Leia's son falling to the dark side & Han Solo's backstory.... and they completely bastardized them all.

I told you to stay out of my room!

No shit, my book shelf looked very close to that back in the day. I bought damn near every novel, might have hated some and only read once but I had quite the library.

Started going digital, donated most of them to the library, and kept my favorite hard copies when moving around with a ton of books was getting ridiculous.

Last edited:
Back