Do you have any friends with the same interests?

I have one friend is into gaming, one friend who likes watching hockey, most of my friends like basketball.

Almost every friend I know is into movies/TV Shows. A little bit here and there.

Yeah thankfully. Geographically distributed crew I travel and attend gigs with.

Yes, most of my friends have similar interests to mine. Guns, cars, guitars and women.

Most of my friends now are co-workers. And we all hate our job so that's a common interest. Other than that: gaming, fights, booze, and talking shit about each other and other co-workers so yeah on that too.

All my friends growing up are either drug addicts or dead from drugs. I just drink beers. Ironically a few of my "friends" that i have known for over a few decades and have the same interests as me live in another states.

Which one of you is gay?

Usually more than one shared interest. Photography, hiking, horology, bikes, music production, as well as good food and wine (craft beers and grappa too).

uh-yeah-bill-lumbergh.gif

When I was young, my friends and I have common interests. Since I started working, becoming an adult, friends fade away, and you meet new ones, but they're more like associates. You only call them and they only call you when they need something.

When I was a kid, we'd talk about Transformers, GI Joe, videogames, cartoons, BMX, etc..

Now, we talk about work related shit, health issues, etc...
I have one group of friends I met through working at a bar for 10+ years now. They are into drinking and partying, I was too for a long time. We really bonded when one in our group died tragically at 24. Now that I quit drinking I see them less but it's like the old days when we see each other.

I have a best friend I grew up with. We played basketball and worked out together throughout our 20s. Slowed down a lot since then but we still have those interests. I have another best friend I met in my early 20s, he had a kid with my cousin. We loved the same music and have been to 50+ concerts together and I'm like a godfather to his 3 kids. I got him big into the UFC too and we've BBQ'd and watched a ton of fight cards together.

I feel like it's good to have variety and keep friends from different periods of your life and who are into similar things as you.

Since Covid happened I maybe see One friend in a calendar year
It’s kind of sad lol
I stoped chasing friendships and I’m not very mobile, so just stay in my neighbourhood mostly
People have kids and then you never see them again
I don’t work anymore p, so I miss that connection too
I mostly just spend time with family now and online with my Sherdog Fam

All my friends have some sort of common interest or link

I basically have 4 circles(music, art, bjj/mma, high school buddies) that don't interact with each other.

I think that's normal, my four circles are parents (when your kids friends parents are actually cool), gym (my bjj/mma crowd), work, and a few good old friends from growing up / college.

None of those circles mix much, because the old friends are long distance, parents are busy doing parent stuff when we're not having a bbq or a birthday party, gym bros we mostly kill each other on the mats and bbq for big ufc cards.

We make and maintain friendships based on where we spend our time. Other than the guys and girls you grew up with, most adult friends are going to be people we met THROUGH our interests.

Yeeee, my friends/brothers are super koo just like me.

Back