Do you/Have you ever done any sports?

Grade school- soccer, baseball

High School- American football, wrestling (American folkstyle,) track & field

College/post- Flag football, racquetball

Now, I don't do anything. I still lift, run, and (sporadically) train martial arts but nothing sporty outside of soccer drills with my kids.

I used to play a lot of football baseball basketball and I unofficially beat the school record in the 400m in my teens. I never played for a teM just with friends . I was terrible at basketball and that's the one I really wanted to he good at

I played baseball from t ball to middle school, football, karate, basketball, then dropped all sports and became a skate rat in high school.

High school football.
All conference senior year

High school golf.
4 years varsity & medaled regularly in many tournaments.
2nd place State medalist senior year as well.
1 year D1 college golf.
Yup, I was a D1 athlete. ;)

Run & Lift Daily/weekly & hit balls on a nearby range bout 1 or 2 times a week.
Don’t play but 2 or 3 times a month a full 18.

Last edited:
Primary School mostly played Aus rules for a local club, High School was mostly indoor soccer not from choice, after high school dabbled in weight lifting, pigeon clay shooting, boxing at a local youth community gym and just started judo at 35. Probably got 10 years of that before my body starts falling apart might take up golf atter that.

Last edited:
Have you ever done any sports in the past or do you currently, And which sports have you done?
I used to play baseball when I was younger but I stopped to focus more on Weightlifting and MMA.
Currently I'm mostly doing Weightlifting (Not to get bulky but to stay Lean/Athletic) and Boxing/Kickboxing/BJJ and Wrestling.
I played baseball from 6 years old until around 21. I played softball after that into my 30s.
I played basketball from 6 years old until around 21 also then I played at parks and gyms non stop until my early 30s.
I wrestled in middle school and high school but I liked the above two much more.

Have you ever done any sports in the past or do you currently, And which sports have you done?
I used to play baseball when I was younger but I stopped to focus more on Weightlifting and MMA.
Currently I'm mostly doing Weightlifting (Not to get bulky but to stay Lean/Athletic) and Boxing/Kickboxing/BJJ and Wrestling.

Track and Cross Country.

Long distance running sucks... it's like you chose a sport that could double as Medieval torture!

However, one thing I like about it is you have a large window to improve.

When it comes to sprinting, there is very little wiggle room. If someone is naturally much faster than you, you'll likely never catch up to them. However, in long distance, you can shave entire minutes off of your time! If you work much harder than another runner you can get faster than them. I had folks who were faster than me in the beginning of the season that I beat later on in the season.

I used to play basketball (like all urban youth did). Not so much anymore. I also did martial arts in my adulthood.

I competed in judo and boxing and dabbled in BJJ, fencing and taekwondo.
I was lifting a lot for sometime and thought about entering a local powerlifting competition but didn't because of the fees involved. I think I would've placed well because a guy 10kg bigger than me had the same bench numbers as me and he won 2nd place in his weight class.
I dabble in surfing and muay thai now. I lift sometimes but I take it easy now.

I played major junior hockey as a bottom 6 grinder for 2 years. Played junior A a bit too but left my hockey playing behind to pick up a toolbag and get a real job.

Now I am totally out of shape, about 50 pounds above playing weight and I really don’t have the desire to play anymore. I used to be so passionate about hockey and work my ass off for it, now I could care less. I don’t even play beer league.

It was really cool and some great memories. I loved sleeping with puck sluts and playing in front of people who paid money to see me. I don’t really have much competitive juices in me these days though.

Senior hockey is getting big and our local team has approached me multiple times but I would just embarrass myself. I’m nowhere near in the shape to skate with those dudes plus the fans want to see fights, especially from someone who did it often in junior. No way am I going out and smashing my hands on helmets/visors as a grown man or getting my nose broke on ice for the amusement of others. I’m just too old for that.

Pretty much my whole life, yes. I was in soccer and baseball from the time I was 5 or 6. I played basketball at the Y. I played roller hockey in a couple of leagues. Then played more basketball just with friends, all the time. Now I do Muay Thai, though I don’t compete.
Also, Kung Fu and Judo as a kid. But those were short lived. A little boxing too.

Just listing those I competed in, in chronological order Judo, rugby, skateboarding, kickboxing, American football, fencing.

Thanks for giving me a reason to go back through the photos!

It's weird I was a really unsporty kid, got more into it as I got further from school.

I played baseball, soccer, and tennis at pretty high levels until I was about 15. But then quit it all to focus on my true love which was Motocross, I have been riding and racing since I was 4 or 5. Nothing compared to the rush of racing and jumping, so I fully focused on that. I got to the pro level, but hated training, loved partying. I was over the strain it put on my Dad's and I relationship and had to many friends put in chairs. At 28 I felt fear on a bike for the first time, that with having a young son and knowing I wasn't going to make a living at it. But it was some of the best times of my life other then it becoming my Dad's obsession after my Mom died. But mainly feeling the fear and being hesitant on the bike, that's when you know it's time to stop.
I snowboard and still ride now but haven't raced since 2015.

Football (soccer), up until I was 16 or 17. I was a goalkeeper, really good one not to blow my own trumpet - played for my county and got scouted by several big pro clubs in the UK, but all of them said I was too short (I was really). They were looking for big lumps. Funny enough, I kept two 6ft 2in 15yr olds on the bench when I played for my county, they couldn't move anywhere close to my speed and their reflexes were way worse. As I finished playing though there was a 6ft'er at 15 who was the best GK I'd ever seen at my age group, often wonder if he ever went pro (he had such a common name it's hard to search for him online, and he might well have changed positions at a later age too).

Baseball: Played from about 8 until 13. I was in a very competitive area which produced a couple first round MLB picks. One on my middle school team survived in MLB for several years. I got burned out, but I was reaching the age where size was going to matter and I would have to put everything into it.

Skateboarding: Got into it right after baseball. I still skate a little bit today. I was sponsored by a shop for a few years. It's funny because now when I look at my skill level at that time, kids are so much better nowadays.

Lifting/Boxing/Running: All of this has been for recreation. I got moderately good at lifting and running. At 41, I can still go to a public gym and be one of the strongest or a 5k and hang with the young ones.

Coaching: Now I coach softball yearly as well as basketball. It's funny because I never played basketball in a league, but I can handle the 9 and under kids.

Played baseball for a while and played basketball till high school where I started wrestling instead and wrestled for 4 years in college (had 5 knee surgeries so I didn't compete much), 10 years of American football, and messed around with other shit. I've been training MMA since 2012 on and off and have a toxic fucking relationship with the sport and still have 0 fights to my name at 35. Sometimes I wish I chose a different thing to obsess over and love due to the depression it brings me, but hell it'd probably be the same if it were Chess or Salsa dancing lol

Back