Do you know anyone who's had Covid?

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I don't mean some guy on tv, I mean do you personally know anyone and what was their experience like?

I don't know anyone... no one I've talked to about it really knows anyone who's had it in fact.

I don't know anyone who knows anyone that died from it.

My mom told me she knows a lady who says her aunt got it on a trip to Italy and passed away, but she was almost 90 years old with several pre existing health issues.

not one. I know a few that say a friend or relative did/does. but I bet half of those are bs. people like to lie about shit like that for some reason. just like how a lot of people lie about knowing someone who died during 9/11. weird

I know a guy who has it. Completely asymptotic and didn’t pass it on to anyone in his family.

Yes a distant family member got it late March. She works in healthcare. No serious complications, just flu like symptoms. I have heard some friends say they knew of cases none serious either, however my one friend said his sister's husband dropped dead while mowing the lawn. Was a 51 year old black male. He said they found out he had Covid-19 after an autopsy.

Just when I start to relax about the virus I hear some shit like that.

Neighbors brother. Interacted with him a few times before and after. Said all he had was flu-like symptoms. Neither my neighbor, his family or I came down with anything even during the window when he would have been contagious. His work tested him and told him he was positive which is how we the rest of us learned of it. We all did the obligatory 14 day deep isolation and nothing came of it.

Nope. A few neighbors cousins college roommates coworker who apparently do though.

I live in NYC and my entire BJJ gym had to quarantine because a dude tested positive for Covid 19 and afterwards 2-3 people ended up testing positive and I knew them all.

friend’s grandmother also passed away and had COVID.

it’s a real thing, biologically distinguishable from the flu but also symptomatically indistinguishable.

My mums old neighbour died from it about a month or so ago but she must have been well into her 80s, died in a nursing home and afaik her mind had already been long gone for years. She was already as good as dead.

Nope. And nobody I know has said they know of someone with it.

I know a guy who has it. Completely asymptotic and didn’t pass it on to anyone in his family.
So then... he doesnt have it???

How do you have a virus that has no affects and doesnt transmit to anyone or anything?

I dont get it.

Looks like Sherbros along with everyone we know, are immune..
<Moves>

Personally? two people.

one in my gym, and an elderly work colleague.

the latter passed away. she was 66 and a little overweight. RIP

So then... he doesnt have it???

How do you have a virus that has no affects and doesnt transmit to anyone or anything?

I dont get it.

I’m not sure what to think about that. The guy got tested because his wife’s friend tested positive. They assumed the whole family had gotten it but it was just him even though he wasn’t even around the friend.

Remind me of this article I read about a hyper vigilant mother who ended up testing positive in spite of taking all precautions. Meanwhile none of her family has it either.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/on-parenting/a-hypervigilant-mom-followed-every-health-guideline-she-still-caught-the-coronavirus/2020/06/27/fa119ce2-b654-11ea-a8da-693df3d7674a_story.html?outputType=amp

While I’m not a just flu bro, there is a fair bit of inexplicable goofiness with this whole thing.

My Aunt had 14 people that work under her die when she asked to stop being informed when they die. Healthcare industry in NY.

Wife’s friend’s sister died at 30yo in nyc.

Friends aunt died at 65ish after a cruise in February.

Me personally, no, but that’s close enough.

I’m almost positive I had it. Just after the new year I was sick as hell for a month and went to emergency room. They said I tested negative for the flu and didn’t know what I had but they said it was a virus.

Back