do you pay for boxing ?

toogreen

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
i pay for dazn and espn thats it

very rarely’ll buy a ppv, it has so to be a super fight like ggg vs caneo 1

Yeah. That's generally how it works. You pay a fee to see premium fights. Illicit streams are easy to find but the average quality is comparatively poor.

no, the last fight i paid for i think was Lewis-Holyfield

i used to subscribe to Sky Sports and BT Boxing via an IPTV box, but that was maybe less than £100 a year and got me every single channel, fight and PPV for years

these days i have reliable streams for every sporting event

I only pay for my own training and shows I got to see in person

sometimes i feel bad for financially supporting people bashing each other’s brains in
Grown men living their lives. No need to toss and turn losing sleep if you toss the sport a few bones every now and then, they are fighting for a living after all.

If I think the card is worth paying for I’ll pay, otherwise I’ll just watch highlights the next day. The last PPV i bought was Day of Reckoning, and I thought it was alright. I’ll probably get Joshua/Ngannou and Fury/Usyk as well. There’s not much else on the horizon as far as I can see.

I don’t have the patience for streams. I have friends that send me links for “good” streams and they always seem to freeze. And then there are all those annoying pop-ups.

If I think the card is worth paying for I’ll pay, otherwise I’ll just watch highlights the next day. The last PPV i bought was Day of Reckoning, and I thought it was alright. I’ll probably get Joshua/Ngannou and Fury/Usyk as well. There’s not much else on the horizon as far as I can see.

I don’t have the patience for streams. I have friends that send me links for “good” streams and they always seem to freeze. And then there are all those annoying pop-ups.
There are high quality illicit streams out there but even they'll lag or drop when server load is high (requiring you to switch to another stream perhaps even several times). The more popular the fight the worse it'll be. The majority of these stream hosts are amateur pirates. They're operating on much slower links and generally don't have the resources to fully load balance or leverage video CDNs for content acceleration so that they're able to scale to the needs of all their viewers. A good ad blocker & trustworthy VPN, preferably one that's been proven in court (or an independent 3rd party audit) to be a no-log service, are a must.

I only buy PPV if its a big fight, something that earns my money. I used to buy basically every PPV then a few years back, PBC started making all their fights with any recognizable name in it a PPV. I have DAZN and ESPN but honestly, I'm tired of having to have a provider to watch ESPN. I watch literally nothing else on TV but pay to have Sling just to have ESPN. Cheaper than satellite but still not something I like paying for.

I pay only for big fights. I had DAZN and thought it was disappointing so I dropped it. TSN used to have all the ESPN cards, but the ratings must have been pretty low since most cards are now on TSN+.

Happy to pay for fights I want to see, but living in a Northern European backwater that it often just not possible.

Don’t use illegal streams because of the unreliability, but apparently there are sites where you can pay a small monthly fee to have access to full recordings of cards the next day, which would suit me fine, especially for US fights.

This Amazon deal is a great opportunity for boxing to get their price point right - $10 for the Thurman Tzoo fight with some good marketing could get decent numbers and start to build some following. But no, it’s $70 so only the hardcore will buy it and boxing fucks itself again.

Back