• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you prefer male or female dogs?

Parents always had bitches.

Our first family dog was a bitch , our second is a male ( we kind of ended up with him by accident and weren't fussed by what we had).

Our new gsd is a female.

Male or female doesn’t matter so long as it’s the GOAT breed. I’ve had two males and my most recent one is a female. All awesome dogs. I’d say my female is a little more affectionate toward the kids though.

We have a 7 month old female yellow lab. She's wonderful but quite possibly the dumbest dog I've ever met. Caught her eating a giant clump of dryer lint this morning.

I never know what sex my dogs are because I don't send them to primary school.

But seriously folks, the best, kindest and most affectionate dog I had was female.

Male or female doesn’t matter so long as it’s the GOAT breed. I’ve had two males and my most recent one is a female. All awesome dogs. I’d say my female is a little more affectionate toward the kids though.

We had a GSD bitch until last year, she died at 13 years.

Had no intention of getting another dog but due to a lot of coincidences we ended up getting another GSD who is such a cheeky girl it's untrue...

Parents always had bitches.

Our first family dog was a bitch , our second is a male ( we kind of ended up with him by accident and weren't fussed by what we had).

Our new gsd is a female.

No idea if it's true or not but I've read that police and military will use the male GSDs as "show" dogs. Like guarding gates because the males are much more imposing looking but the females are the ones that actually tend to be used more for protection work and jobs because they're more focused and trainable.

My male is stubborn every single day even at 7 years old so I can see that.

I have now had a handful of each.

I prefer the male dogs, they seem to have a bit more confidence and don't spook so easy.

Female dogs, in my experience, much more timid and skittish and much more likely to start off afraid of me just based on my big jacked whiteboy appearance.

We picked up our first dog about 4 weeks ago - 5 month old Boxer. I'd always said I wanted a boy but once we met her we fell in love and haven't looked back
Be diligent with the training.

My aunt has had 2 boxers, the first she bought from a breeder I knew very well personally... the 2nd a "rebound dog" due to unexpected death of the 1st.

They are fucking amazing dogs *IF they are diligently trained. They need a LOT of exercise and a LOT of training and attention.

I have seen them as the most well trained loving, smart, loyal dogs and I saw one that ate an entire wallet swallowed it whole, bills, credit cards, fucking drivers license, the whole shabizzle then puked the whole ass wallet up shortly after.
Dog was dumb as a doorknob with retard strength and mental aptitude.

Not into getting humped by males, so females.

If they're not fixed then they're both a pain in the ass.

But if they're both fixed then I prefer females because males often still have a need to mark their territory so I've found it harder to house train them.

No idea if it's true or not but I've read that police and military will use the male GSDs as "show" dogs. Like guarding gates because the males are much more imposing looking but the females are the ones that actually tend to be used more for protection work and jobs because they're more focused and trainable.

My male is stubborn every single day even at 7 years old so I can see that.

Seems like a pretty even split around here but in my experience the females tend to be less likely to bite a fellow officer lol.

We had a GSD bitch until last year, she died at 13 years.

Had no intention of getting another dog but due to a lot of coincidences we ended up getting another GSD who is such a cheeky girl it's untrue...

Same situation for me. Mine passed February of 2022 and I said I’d never get another dog as I was very emotionally attached. A month later a friend of a friend who is a breeder just happened to have a litter of GSDs and my kids begged me to “go look at them”. Well, you can imagine how that went. But we got a great female gsd that I’ve been thrilled with so far.

Be diligent with the training.

My aunt has had 2 boxers, the first she bought from a breeder I knew very well personally... the 2nd a "rebound dog" due to unexpected death of the 1st.

They are fucking amazing dogs *IF they are diligently trained. They need a LOT of exercise and a LOT of training and attention.

I have seen them as the most well trained loving, smart, loyal dogs and I saw one that ate an entire wallet swallowed it whole, bills, credit cards, fucking drivers license, the whole shabizzle then puked the whole ass wallet up shortly after.
Dog was dumb as a doorknob with retard strength and mental aptitude.
Agreed 100% mate - we've had her 5 weeks now and she has a good training and discipline routine when it comes to managing her behavior. Don't get me wrong, we spoil her within reason as we want her to have a great life but there are clear boundaries set in place that she sticks to by and large.

She is also dumb as hell - runs into glass doors when the one next to it is clearly open, falls off of the sofa and try to attack the vacuum even when its not tuned on! Great character though!

Grew up with female dogs, but got a male dog little over half a year ago. Such a stubborn little shit... needs REALLY clear boundaries and a strict routine. Also big difference in his behavior towards other dogs, especially in contrast to the females before him. I'm still waiting for the "best friend" moment, but to be honest, couldn't live without him anymore. Start missing him more than anyone else in my life after a couple hours apart.

Last edited:
M1.jpg

Here's a few of Meadow from last week... definitely didn't name her after Tony Soprano's daughter... ;-)

Attachments

• M2.jpg
    M2.jpg
    961.1 KB · Views: 2
  • M3.jpg
    M3.jpg
    589.4 KB · Views: 2
Back