Do you really care if gays get married or not?

IFightInVegas

The Bourbonator
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I mean, it really wouldn't effect my life in the slightest. I can't see why people are just trying to keep rights away from another group of people. It's just like another civil right, like Woman voting, or Blacks voting.. We moved past that..

How would your life really change if gays got married?

I'm curious how people really feel about it.

Like my shirt says, I support gay marriage, as long as both chicks are hot. Seriously, doesn't matter one bit to me.

No i think they should suffer though it just like the rest of us.

Not really, the problem is, they are going to want even more rights, like adopting a child.
That pisses me off.

Not really, the problem is, they are going to want even more rights, like adopting a child.
That pisses me off.

Well, being gay won't stop you from having a paternal instinct and wanting children, I guess - and there are plenty of unwanted kids in orphanges that would have a much better quality of life from having loving parents (homo or otherwise), so I don't see the problem with that either.

As far as gay marriage goes, I don't see why gays would want to have their partnerships recognized by religious institutions that hate them, nor do I think religious institutions should have a duty to perform them - but they should be able to get the same legal status as married couples, at least.

Nope I dont care. But not because it doesnt effect me. You could say kids starving doesnt effect me but that doesnt mean I dont think its wrong and want to help.

Gay Marriage doesnt effect me but I think they should just let them get married. Theres a seperation of church and state so its not like letting them get married changes anyones freedom of religion. A religion is up for interpretation anyways so if your church doesnt want to marry gays..that should be a choice that your church can make for the rest of eternity if they chose. But I am willing to bet if its legal there will be a church everywhere that will marry gays so let them get married.

In alot of cases theyve had shit lives and been ridiculed. I hated on them for a while but recently after realizing a couple people I became friends with were gay. I could never feel the same way. They are just people. Ya flamboent behavior will always make me cringe and change the channel but whatever.

Barney on how I met your mother is gay and he seems like a cool dude.

Nope I dont care. But not because it doesnt effect me. You could say kids starving doesnt effect me but that doesnt mean I dont think its wrong and want to help.

Gay Marriage doesnt effect me but I think they should just let them get married. Theres a seperation of church and state so its not like letting them get married changes anyones freedom of religion. A religion is up for interpretation anyways so if your church doesnt want to marry gays..that should be a choice that your church can make for the rest of eternity if they chose. But I am willing to bet if its legal there will be a church everywhere that will marry gays so let them get married.

In alot of cases theyve had shit lives and been ridiculed. I hated on them for a while but recently after realizing a couple people I became friends with were gay. I could never feel the same way. They are just people. Ya flamboent behavior will always make me cringe and change the channel but whatever.

Barney on how I met your mother is gay and he seems like a cool dude.

Even if the church won't do it, you can still get it done at a courthouse or some other sort of government building. Not quite as romantic, but it gets the job done.

That pisses me off.

That used to piss me off too. But now I think id need to see a study. Do kids with gay parents have a higher likelyhood of being gay too? That would make me think...hmm maybe they are being led into a lifestyle that is not their own.

What about population crisis? Maybe gays are natures way of cooling that down. If we keep growing like this then our planet will be an overcrowded piece of shit one day.

That used to piss me off too. But now I think id need to see a study. Do kids with gay parents have a higher likelyhood of being gay too? That would make me think...hmm maybe they are being led into a lifestyle that is not their own.

What about population crisis? Maybe gays are natures way of cooling that down. If we keep growing like this then our planet will be an overcrowded piece of shit one day.

I really don't know if a study about this matter is available, but I'm quite sure that a I read somewhere that child abusers are generally homossexual.

Personally, I don't feel strongly about it one way or another. That said, I have no problem with it.

The thing that turns me off to it are the liberals that whine about it, but only bash conservatives, as if there's not a very large anti-gay Democrat voting block or two.

I just wonder how much less opposition there would be if they agreed to just call it a "civil union" and still have all the rights afforded to a "married" couple? As I understand it, the word "marriage" is the real sticking point with some conservatives. So, if it's about rights (to liberals), who cares what it's called? Even Obama said that "marriage" was between a man and woman (back in 2008), before he finally came yesterday and said he supports it (when it's politically expedient).

The point is, obviously some conservatives are hard-headed about it not being called "marriage", but are some liberals/gays just as a hard-headed insisting that it be called "marriage" and not settle for "civil union"? I'm asking. I honestly don't follow this that closely.

Even if the church won't do it, you can still get it done at a courthouse or some other sort of government building. Not quite as romantic, but it gets the job done.

Ya. I think its hard to argue they dont atleast deserve that.

Its a tough subject. Im not religeous so its hard to understand.

I think people should be able to live however they want.

But when it comes to society verbally and financially supporting gay marriage, or any other kind of marriage...well, thats up that society to decide.

Taken from Wikipedia

The American Psychological Association, American Psychiatric Association, and National Association of Social Workers stated in 2006:
“ Currently, there is no scientific consensus about the specific factors that cause an individual to become heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual—including possible biological, psychological, or social effects of the parents' sexual orientation. However, the available evidence indicates that the vast majority of lesbian and gay adults were raised by heterosexual parents and the vast majority of children raised by lesbian and gay parents eventually grow up to be heterosexual.[2] ”

The Royal College of Psychiatrists stated in 2007:
“ Despite almost a century of psychoanalytic and psychological speculation, there is no substantive evidence to support the suggestion that the nature of parenting or early childhood experiences play any role in the formation of a person's fundamental heterosexual or homosexual orientation. It would appear that sexual orientation is biological in nature, determined by a complex interplay of genetic factors and the early uterine environment. Sexual orientation is therefore not a choice.[107] ”

The American Academy of Pediatrics stated in Pediatrics in 2004:
“ Sexual orientation probably is not determined by any one factor but by a combination of genetic, hormonal, and environmental influences. In recent decades, biologically based theories have been favored by experts. Although there continues to be controversy and uncertainty as to the genesis of the variety of human sexual orientations, there is no scientific evidence that abnormal parenting, sexual abuse, or other adverse life events influence sexual orientation. Current knowledge suggests that sexual orientation is usually established during early childhood.

I'm a Christian and I'm not against gay marriage as long as they don't force Churches or Mosques to marry gay couples.

I really don't know if a study about this matter is available, but I'm quite sure that a I read somewhere that child abusers are generally homossexual.

I would think based on news reports ive seen that a higher percent of gay people malest children then straight people. Not sure but that would be my guess since ive read that victims of gay malestation often go on to be gay abusers themselves. I doubt many girls go on to be abusers and im betting boys who are abused by women arent likely to repeat the cycle.

Just a complete non-issue for me.

I would think based on news reports ive seen that a higher percent of gay people malest children then straight people. Not sure but that would be my guess since ive read that victims of gay malestation often go on to be gay abusers themselves. I doubt many girls go on to be abusers and im betting boys who are abused by women arent likely to repeat the cycle.

Please read this.

Back