Do you refrigerate hot sauce?

Do you refrigerate hot sauce

• Yes

• No

• I don't use/like hot sauce

Results are only viewable after voting.
As long as it doesn't say 'refridgerate after opening' then it's fine to be out of the fridge.
cop-making-meh-face-g86oggjfnsjqn9fp.gif

I like Poirier's hot sauce. I tried it as a novelty a few years ago expecting it to suck, but found it's actually quite good.

It says to refridgerate after opening. Not sure if I have to, but I do. I think it has celery in it, so maybe that's why. Not sure though

Is there any negative aspect to refrigerating it? If not, why risk it?

Normally no. However, I got a few bottles from "Hot Ones"(Pepper X & Apollo) recently, and the bottles "clogged up"/I assume started to go bad when left out.

Same here. Ketchup and HP sauce stay out the fridge. Mayanaise etc. stage in the fridge.

We don't refrigerate our eggs either but my ex did and my sister does.

<{walkerwhut}>

Proper storage of eggs can affect both quality and safety.
  • Store promptly in a clean refrigerator at a temperature of 40° F or below.

"There was only ever one correct answer, and we're happy to share with Heinz Tomato Ketchup lovers that our ketchup has to be in the fridge," Olivia Lennon, at Heinz Tomato

At least the ketchup is just for taste.

The egg thing is fucking crazy.

<{walkerwhut}>

At least the ketchup is just for taste.

The egg thing is fucking crazy.
You only have to refrigerate eggs if you got them that way. Get fresh eggs, and you can let them sit out.

I never refrigerate anything I do not have to, like store bought hot sauce, with the loads of natural and artificial preservatives in them. One sits on my desk just in case I need a quick dab.

Reactions: TCE
Don't even need to refridge Mayo if don't want to as long as cap is closed good.

All condiments go in the fridge after opening. Force of habit.

Depends on the hot sauce.

If it's a standard Louisiana style hot sauce that's just vinegar, cayenne, and salt.. then no I don't. We keep it on the shelf. And restaurants I've worked at over the years would just leave it on the table. It's better at room temperature

Back