Do you remember the cringeworthy late 90s early 00's music? Limp Bizkit, Blink182,Kid Rock,Eminem?

That nu-metal and rap rock/metal was 95% crap and good thing that scene is gone. Now it's time to listen to my 8-bit NintendoCore music.

The 2 best PPVs in combat sports history had Limp Bizkit themes.

<NoneOfMy>

90s had some great shit.
Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, RHCP, Cypress Hill, Dre, Snoop, Tupac, Soundgarten, STP, Offspring, Smashing Pumpkins, Rob Zombie, Tom Petty..

This was what Fred Durst and limp bizkit and that era produced aka malibus most wanted icey hot stuntaz I used to see these type of boys at the mall acitng hard with their big trucks and SUVs bumping limp bizkit, and wu tang
icy-hot-stuntaz-2.jpg

How you gonna try to lump Eminem in with the rest of that trendy here today, gone tomorrow shit?

<bball1>

Yeah really bad choice to put him in there. I still listen to some of Eminem's classic stuff from time to time- particularly from Marshall Mathers LP and Slimshady LP but also from The Eminem Show and some of the later albums) and I'm never disappointed.

I loved Limp Bizkit. In fact I still put their shit on from time to time. Same with Linkin Park

The shit I admit to my sherbros

I don't care how Linkin Park is viewed at this point. Hybrid Theory, to me, is one of those albums where every track is awesome.

Id actually agree with that.
Really Nirvana was the end of Rock music while 2pac was the end for Rap music, though I will say that I think when Nas said Hip Hop was dead, it became dead. So Id say that Hip Hop while declining was still aright up until about 2006.

The early 2000s to mid 2000s had some dope hip hop, its when the East coast and underground lyricists came back on the scene like Common, mos def, talib kweli, dilated peoples, even tribe called quest had a comeback and De la soul, hip hop died when the dirty dirty dirty south came in, the mumble rap, it was first birthed with lil wayne and master p and progressively got worse, now the rappers sound like they can barely open their mouth.

The issue with Grunge was it was too depressing, when I listen to it now its mainly sad songs with some teenage angst but it was the last era of legit music where they actually wrote their own songs and played instruments. The music today they make it in a factory like and assembly line, before the story of the band, was simple teenage garage band make it to the big time, almost all the groups or legends back in the day started as garage bands it had a great feel to it like they were gifted and born to be great artists. Today everything is studio manufactured just like Celebrity anyone can be famous, the most famous people today are not longer actors and musicians its a reality show star with no talent or skill.

Cypress Hill was my shit, they are and will always be better than Limp Bizkit

I was in high school during all of that. Linkin Park was everyone's band per the yearbook. Entered high school in 98 and graduated in 2002

While everyone was into this shit, I was listening to this
VVVVV

Korn was the shit bro, also Marilyn Manson

Do you guys remember Ska Punk it was at its peak around 1995-1998?
Sublime and No Doubt, mighty mighty bosstones
basically popularized it and than it got water down with horrible poppy high school suburban band members trying to start a ska band every week.

skapunk was like reel big fish, gold finger, save ferris, suicide machines, rancid which was harder punk with ska influence etc

Pennywise and Blink182 started becoming popular, Blink spawned some horrible annoying pop punk like sum 41 and others.

Sublime was the shit, its sad the lead singer died of drug addicted heroin overdose.

Last edited:
Eminem is arguably one of the best rappers alive. He can freestyle better than most. Think that's easy? Play a simple beat and try to think of stuff off the top of your head.

As far as the other folks you mentioned, I love Blink 182. Once Kid Rock found his musical lane, he was alright. Limp Bizkit was just garbage, although Wes Borland was cool. They made angry teenager music.

You want cringeworthy from that time? Powerman 5000, Lou Bega, Ricky Martin, Eifel 65, Britney Spears (I don't care what anyone says...she can't sing and she can't dance. She was just something nice to look at)

Back