Do You See Holloway As Top 5 Guy At LW?

bogeyj

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If loses again to Volk do you see him moving up and making a run at the LW strap? If so do you see him as a legit contender?

I think he beats Gaethje & Chandler and matches up well with Ollie. As long as he avoids Dustin and Islam on the way to a title shot he has legit shot at the belt

Hard to say. His biggest weakness is being pillow-fisted, and power usually doesn’t move up well. That said, if he took the time to settle in at 155lbs, I could picture him him beating a lot of tough guys.

Him going up against Poirier was a mistake. He needs to properly put on muscle and get used to the new found strength. I think he could be champion if he did that but if he just decides to go up without cutting any weight like he did last time I think he'd be trading wins and losses.

Yes, he went up on one months notice without taking any time to fill into the weight class and had a great back and forth fight with poirier. If he took the time to bulk up and adjust to the weight class, I think he'd be a top five guy

Last edited:
Poirier admitted Max almost finished him, giving him a tougher fight at LW than Eddie, Gaethje, Hooker, Conor, and pretty much anyone except Charles and Khabib (and Prime Michael Johnson lol).

Max could (will?) 100% be a Top 5 LW fighter.

The real bitch of it is he supposedly already has a cage weight in the 170's for his FW fights. In othet words, the man already weighs as much as an average LW in fight shape, but just happens to be of the biggest weight cutters in the sport (as a % of mass).

I'd like to see what he looked like if he tried to put on some weight

Skills-wise he is as good as anyone, it's just hard to win fights when everyone's shots hurt you, and your shots don't hurt them... that's what the Dustin fight came down to if I remember correctly

that discussion about how UFC has two LW divisions ...

one of them he could be top 5

the other No

whole division ..no

he could however come get some slick fights like

Holloway vs. Ferguson
Holloway vs. Conor
Holloway vs. Chandler

other then that Championship days have come and gone

he'd just another cupcake now

he is a hell of a legend and its ok to not be champ. Just keep going and fight off as many as you can

leave no turn un-stoned !!

No, his frame is too small and he doesn't have power.

Hard to say. His biggest weakness is being pillow-fisted, and power usually doesn’t move up well. That said, if he took the time to settle in at 155lbs, I could picture him him beating a lot of tough guys.
Well, considering the fact that he's not used to knocking guys out, wouldn't that be a good thing? He's not usually going in there to knock a guy stiff, so he doesn't really try to.

i think it wont be about titles anymore if he loses to volk.

I would like him to go to lw to see him go up against gaethje. that would be a wild fight

He can definitely beat chandler. but most often i see guys beating him but just seeing awesome fights at lw.

No way, this current version takes him down and subs him, easily. Holloway doesn’t have the power to keep Do Bronx off him at LW.
Depends on how long he has to bulk up and if it will be a permanent move. Charles was committed to 155 so he could bulk up quite a bit. Max didn't bulk for his 2nd fight with Dustin. Max has already beaten Charles and stands a good chance to be able to do it again

I mean he had a good scrap with Dustin at LW who's gotta be top 3 ish? I could see him doing well at lw

I don't think Dustin is top 3 when push comes to shove anymore. He's got that ranking and sure it's earned but Gamrot, Arman, Guram, Islam, Oliveira, Fiziev...he might lose to a lot of the division nowadays.

I love Max but I don't think he'd do well at lightweight.

Back