Movies Do You Still Go To The Movie Theater?

No. Because it's a shitty environment with shitty sound, shitty picture quality and half the douche canoes there can't stop talking, texting and kicking seats.

I spent ~50k to bulid a home theater in my basement. It blows away any commercial theater I've ever been in. I can wait for.movies to hit streaming/physical disc and watch them in the comfort of my home.

How big is your screen?

Went last night to The Boy and The Heron (dubbed version)

Had to go Grown Up mode and ask some teens to be quiet as they were talking during the dialogue, plus had fuckin cellphones shining the whole time.

Yes, of course kids used to talk during movies BACK IN THE DAY, but the advent of smartphones is really taking shit to a whole new level of shittness for going to a movie.

Last edited:
I go 3-4 times per month.

There is a multiplex that I can walk to.

There is an arthouse theatre about 20 minutes by car.

I like watching stuff on the big screen

I never have problems with other people in the theatre. People here seem pretty respectful in general.

I do. I follow a few rules and have a good time. I only go during the week, in the afternoon. I go to a smaller, less popular theaters in a particular neighborhood with not many people that annoy you.....

Went last night to The Boy and The Heron (dubbed version)

Had to go Grown Up mode and ask some teens to be quiet as they were talking during the dialogue, plus had fuckin cellphones shining the whole time.

Yes, of course kids used to talk during movies BACK IN THE DAY, but the advent of smartphones is really taking shit to a whole new level of shittness for going to a movie.

Last time I went both the person in front of me and the person a seat over kept pulling out their phone. Shit gets me so pissed. Aren't you here to watch a movie? What is so important you can't focus on the movie and have to disrespect everyone else in the theater?

Last time I went both the person in front of me and the person a seat over kept pulling out their phone. Shit gets me so pissed. Aren't you here to watch a movie? What is so important you can't focus on the movie and have to disrespect everyone else in the theater?

Why can't you focus on the movie and stop being an uptight phone Nazi?
Are you really that easily distracted?

Why can't you focus on the movie and stop being an uptight phone Nazi?
Are you really that easily distracted?

Don't tell me you're one of the ADD retards who pull this crap. Yes, flashing a bright screen right in front of me in a darkened theater is going to distract me. It's like waving a flashlight around. Theres a reason the movie itself tells you not to do this right before it starts. Don't be a jackass in public.

Yeah we've got a cool independent cinema 15 minutes walk away, it's been open since 1912. Can't stand the big chain places with all the annoying kids.

We always get ice cream and a glass of wine, it's got a little bar area and the screenings don't get too busy, shows classics as well as the latest releases.

cottageroad-outside-full.jpg

I love going to the movies.

Probably went 3-4 times last year.

Don't tell me you're one of the ADD retards who pull this crap. Yes, flashing a bright screen right in front of me in a darkened theater is going to distract me. It's like waving a flashlight around. Theres a reason the movie itself tells you not to do this right before it starts. Don't be a jackass in public.

I sit in the very last row and do whatever the fudge I want, I jnever understood why people get so uptight over that nonsense though, the screen is huge, phone lights dont block it, the speakers are huge, conversations dont drown them out, shit never bothered me, I guess ole Pete is just zen as fuck

I bet youre a disaster when someone walks by with jingling keys

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

I sit in the very last row and do whatever the fudge I want, I jnever understood why people get so uptight over that nonsense though, the screen is huge, phone lights dont block it, the speakers are huge, conversations dont drown them out, shit never bothered me, I guess ole Pete is just zen as fuck

I bet youre a disaster when someone walks by with jingling keys

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

I guess the kid wins again? Lol

I don't think I'll go again unless it's one that has private seats and the girl I'm with gives me a hand job during it.

Yea it’s still a good date night activity for me and my wife. We enjoy going to the ones you can eat and drink at only though. We do that and have a good time.

I enjoy going a couple times a year, but only to newer theaters with comfortable, fully reclining seats.

Back