Do you suck at telling sum1s genetic ethnic heritage?

a lot of it depends on where you live. if you look hispanic in l.a., most people will think you're mexican. if you look hispanic in south florida, most people will think you're cuban. where i live in the silicon valley bay area, it's getting more difficult to figure out what people are. lots of people who look hispanic or mediterranean around here can be from anywhere in the middle-east or all of central and south america.

a lot of it depends on where you live. if you look hispanic in l.a., most people will think you're mexican. if you look hispanic in south florida, most people will think you're cuban. where i live in the silicon valley bay area, it's getting more difficult to figure out what people are. lots of people who look hispanic or mediterranean around here can be from anywhere in the middle-east or all of central and south america.
In my opinion it’s not that it’s harder for one to figure out who is of what ancestry. You’re just more likely to guess wrong since you’re no longer a teenager in school. In public school there tends to be cliques of an ethnicity or semi related ethnicities so therefore you’re more likely to guess correctly

I am pretty good at it. I am guessing youre middle eastern, Egypt? @Zer is asian, guessing chinese. @Gregolian is Italian @Rocco Siffredi is a barbarian so I am saying German, @Curmudgeon is a puss so I am guessing French, @revoltub used to be a prick but not he is cool so I am saying American?, @Smokes is a bit illiterate so I am guessing Ecuadorian. @Clippy is a nice dude so American, utah?
@Gregolian is Armenian and @Rocco Siffredi is obviously Italian.

yes, is saying “sum1”<like that a big deal?
Not a big deal, and not your problem. I apologize if I’m being a jerk, but I’m old and don’t get it. I understand errors, misspellings, typos and the like... even changes common for speech. However, in a public forum where we come together to communicate taking more time to type it like that just doesn’t make sense to me.

There's only so much you can tell from phenotype. The mongols and Spanish planted their seeds far & wide. Not to mention the Romans, Visigoths & etc.

Only a few people groups were hidden by mountains and other natural protections.

I am Filipino but often times I cant tell apart Thais,Malays,Indonesians and other Filipinos.

Back