Do you take naps?

Big Dawg

I Did It My Way
@Black
Reaction score
I have tried, but usually I never want to get back up.

So I don't take naps.

Anyone have an opinion on taking naps?

Some days it really helps, especially with shift work

length is critical however, especially if u interrupt a REM cycle I believe

I nap. I’m usually up early in the weekend for outdoor stuff. I quick 20-30 min snooze in the afternoon hits the spot

Probably 2-3 time a year if that

and It’s if I am super tired. I’ll want to sleep for 30 min to an hour. I’ll end up being asleep for hours.

Feel that, I will be 50 soon.

I remember when I was a child before I was old enough to go to school, I hated talking naps. As I got older I learned to appreciate a good nap. I had an aunt who was in her 90s in a care home. She said she thought once she got older, she would be able to do what she wanted to but her life was just as scheduled at the care home. She had trouble sleeping at night but was sleeping soundly in the morning when they woke her up for breakfast.

yes and i have been experimenting with different nap times to see what works best in terms of not waking up groggy and ruining the rest of my day.

10-15 min power naps work wonders.

30 min naps is that perfect sweet spot for me and most others, it will be enough to recharge you no matter how tired you are and you wake up refreshed.

anything over 40-45 mins ruins the rest of my day.

Yup, everyday for about 30mins. I have to or I crash around 4

A necessary part of my day at around 4:30 to 5 pm.

I use the alarm on my phone to make sure I don't oversleep. Then I wake up and look at social media in bed.

After that I'm ready for outdoor running and have extra energy to do mental things at night.

I just woke up from a nap. I skipped Dinner and I am now going to lift some heavy shit before I get some tacos

Almost everyday lol. Even as a kid I would always nap. I feel like I’m the type of person who just needs more sleep than the average person

Naps are at minimum 60 min.

If you get under the covers, set the phone aside, and
chill for 20-30 minutes, that is refreshing and great.
Still not a nap.

• "90-minute naps allow you to cycle through all sleep stages while avoiding sleep inertia, since you’re not waking up during deep sleep. These naps can leave you feeling thoroughly rejuvenated, more creative, more focused, and more physically energized. "

I only take naps when I haven't slept well during the night.

I dont eat all day. Its annoying to eat during busy work days. Ill eat when i pick up the girls after school anf have dinner with them. After that ill crash 15 to 30 min and wake up around 5pm. Sleep at 12pm wake at 7am

If you get really tired and sleepy after lunch, there is a chance you might have diabetes due to high blood sugar level.

Back