Do you think Dana wants Askren to win or lose this Saturday

win for sure.... Rob is never bouncing back, he is the perfect guy to sacrifice and boost Askren’s stock.

I like wrestlers, but Askren is FUCKED...
Robbie with the GOAT sprawl and 100x better striking than Funky.
People said the same thing with khabib vs Conor and he spanked that ass

He wants all the former champs that come to the UFC to lose, it elavates the stock of his product.

Dana grew a giant head and a hump for beta reasons so I have no doubt he holds resentment against Dadbod Askren and his trolling dress sandles.

Idk are we talking Dana personally or Dana the business man? Dana-on a personal level, prob wants askren to lose. Don't they have a little history? Dana-on a business level, prob likes the idea of a new prospect to bring some more wrestling fans into mma.

I experienced a smilier situation during the dc-miocic fight. I bet $100 on DC, but wanted miocic to win. In the end, the business side of me probably had more pull than just wanting miocic to win.

Money talks.

My vote is Askren

He was a bellator, a one fc champ plus he's close with Tyron so I think Dana is indifferent how he does

Prob win considering hes generating attention.m hes basically what colby wanted to be

I'd say lose.

If he starts racking up wins, all seems to indicate things will get ugly between the two of them (again) in no time.

If it looks like Askren will be a long term draw, Dana will be his biggest fan.

Win. That's why he's getting someone that's clearly past prime, but still a big name.

Nothing is what is seems. Dana acts like he doesn't like Ben, and to a certain extent he really hates him. But the UFC is also business.

I like wrestlers, but Askren is FUCKED...
Robbie with the GOAT sprawl and 100x better striking than Funky.

Keep hearing this as if it's relevant, watch Askren fight. How many times do you see this dude go for power double leg TDs? Unless Robbie is going to fight from sprawl the entire fight (and sacrifice his power), this doesn't really matter. Ben will grab a limb, and Lawler better pray he knocks Ben out before he gets tripped. Try sprawling with someone utilizing folk-style. You'll get tripped quickly.

Win. Dana can profit more from Ben.

If Askren wins, it proves, again (StrikeForce), that maybe the best fighters aren’t ALL in the UFC. Not sure that would make Dana feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

You dont read enough of the drama then which is a good thing. No Dana doesnt like him at all but is trying to be objective.
Can you give other similar examples within the last 20 years? With some sort of supporting evidence, not just "I'm sure he didn't like Tito, so I'm sure he was glad Forrest beat him..."?

Fans want to believe Dana has favorites. I'm just saying from my objective soap box I've never seen any compelling evidence supporting it. And I've actively watched out for it.

So I'm willing to believe. I just need something other than "because it seem likely that..."

Last edited:
Just seeing Ben a little bit in this promotion, I get why so many hate the dude. What a fucking douche LOL..

If Askren wins, it proves, again (StrikeForce), that maybe the best fighters aren’t ALL in the UFC. Not sure that would make Dana feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I think at this point a late 30s Robbie Lawler coming off a serious knee injury isn't the fighter to re- enforce this...
Askren will win some and lose some. The talent he faced in Bellator and ONE is definitely below what is in front of him in the UFC.

It's a win win matchup for Dana. He gets roasted by robbie and he laughs it off. He wins and he has a contender who beat an ex champ and can take out Woodley. I feel like dancing simply hates welterweight imo

I think if he does really well then his stocks would go up, otherwise, he is a moving target

Back