Do you think DC can stop Stipe?

Mixfight

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think he can. It wont be easy but I dont think Stipe has ever fought anyone who has this good of a chin, this strong in the clinch and the hand speed and power for the striking exchanges. Stipe gets hit a lot early in fights and DCs speed may surprise him. I actually see DC touching his chin quite a bit. DC has the most problems with kickers, not punchers and I think he has the tools to give Stipe problems and maybe even surprise him and stop him early.

Not to bust balls... But Struve did. Anything can happen in MMA. I do give the knockout power to Miocic. But Cormier is legit... Just Pumped for TUF and the Fight.

CAN he? Yeah, sure. DC is one of the best fighters of all time.

WILL he? That's a whole other question. Stipe has hit his stride, and is better than he ever was before. He's naturally the bigger guy, and has to be considered the favorite here.

i have stipe stopping dc

dc gets tagged a lot in his fights at 205 and that'll hurt him against stipe. hes fighting a guy bigger and stronger with good enough wrestling to keep it standing. that 80 inch reach and stipes boxing is gonna be a nightmare for DC. he aint fighting 205ers this go around hes fighting a legit 245er thats got it all including a great chin and probably the best cardio at 265 aside from cain

Like @mkess101 said he can but will he? Cormier can take a punch but he also gets hit a lot every time (even more than Stipe) and I don't think he has faced someone who hits this hard. And Stipe's timing and precision is unmatched in the UFC.

XrgYtxf.gif

Stipe wins this and earns the right to be knocked out by Volkon.

I think it is much more likely that DC gets finished, if DC does win I think it’ll be by decision

He knocked Bigfoot out and manhandled Barnett. It’s definitely in the realm of possibilities

I dont like Dc here. He would have to get Stipe tired with takedowns, clinch, dirty boxing and imo he gets caught badly before he can tko Stipe.

This is definitely NOT the same dc that beat Barnet and Stipe. He is almost 40.

Some folks are counting DC out but this is a really great fight if you think about it. I’d love to see DC pull out the W. I think it’ll be by late tko or a decision if he does.

Only by punch. I was stipe doubter but he has improved so much Struve tko him standing he was green it could happen again because Stipe not iron chin (Overeem almost KO him and as 5 seconds away from TKO him).

I think DC will finally know what it like to fight a legit top HW.

Barnett is 250lbs but is heavily fat and is not that strong compared to Cormier who is 235lbs
Frank Mir is 250lbish same thing
Big Foot strong but his chin got him KO
Roy Nelson was obese in that fight

Stipe is lean body mass and decent strength at HW i think he will out strength cormier and stop the wrestling and win by tko

He has good chance

In fact he’s stipes hardest fight he’s had.

Jon Jones on steroids is the only one to stop dc.

Both guys I feel are extremely likable... I hate to put 2 tried-and-true Americans in the same cage that are both very important to their respected divisions..... I personally don't see DC losing... But I think it's a true coin flip Pick'em

Not sure at this point, DC might have had too hard fights and Stipe has to be super confident after the Nganou fight.

I Like both fighters, let the best man win.

CAN he? Yeah, sure. DC is one of the best fighters of all time.

WILL he? That's a whole other question. Stipe has hit his stride, and is better than he ever was before. He's naturally the bigger guy, and has to be considered the favorite here.

Struve did have a bright future as a fighter until whatever illness it was almost claimed his life.

Back