Do you think Gaethje will be champ?

Yeah but Robbie added technical striking. Something that I’d say is impossible for Justin since he’s been fighting like this since forever.
I don't know enough about striking to see the big difference, other than Robbie looks a little "crisper/cleaner"

He's pretty much a more polished (barely) version of Scott Smith .

He will be retired due to brain injury far before winning a title

He might even get a title shot, but I dont think he wins it. Imagine Tony vs Gaethje. Tony would have to be the overwhelming favorite if they fought. But Gaethje vs Barboza, or Gaethje vs Poirer, those would be closer in odds

He is the type of fighter that I believe can beat anyone in the top 10 but could lose to every single one of them too. His style is so insane and he takes so many risks. Having great wrestling doesn't hurt either

I feel his style is too chaotic to be champ. Yeah he’s exciting for fans to watch because his style but that also let him be even more able to be stopped at any point. What do you see his ceiling being?
I think he may fight for a title one day but yeah he is too crazy to stay on top for long.

No, while the talent is there he is just too hitable and too inclined to getting in to wars. Once that chin goes, and it will go early imo, he’ll lose as many as he wins. It will be a steep fall off.

Cliffs- he’ll go he way of Brad Pickett

Pffffft. Hell no. He's like a mini Stephan Bonnar.
Jack of all trades. Loves to brawl. Tough as shit. Fun to watch. Never gonna be champ.

Brain damage champion of the world. Which is sad because he's my favorite

Everyone said Eddie would not be champ, so crazier things have happened.

I love watching Gaethje but 155 is such a tough division Tony, Khabib and Conor for one are terrible matchups for him but im rooting for him
But at the same time i think hes 155s Dan Henderson entertaining with a whole lot of power and entertaining fights

Brain damage champion of the world

I actually think it's possible. He has what you need in fighting, he just needs to be more refined.

I feel his style is too chaotic to be champ. Yeah he’s exciting for fans to watch because his style but that also let him be even more able to be stopped at any point. What do you see his ceiling being?
Rt after the MJ fight I thought if he fights anyone ranked higher than MJ he will get stopped because any of those guys got better gas tanks and are better finishers
Then I actually found myself rooting for him against Eddie cause he just came off likable on tuf.

He's as much of a UFC champ as the current LW Champ.

He could be champ, but his style won't let him dominate the division. Still, better to have an exciting fighter that would lose than a blanket that grinds a win.

Back