Do you think Khabib can become a star?

Khabib is a star among true MMA fans. Casual fans need an obnoxious drunk with a big mouth and silly tattoos to keep them amused.

"Boring fighting style" this always makes me lol. So you don't think completely mauling opponents and making them look helpless in a way never seen before is boring? Ok lol

No...they do. That's what the problem is.

Yes, if he goes full religious nut post speech like Bendo did. Replace the name Jesus with Allah and not only will the UFC hard core fans embrace him, but western civilization will follow suit.

If he smahses Conor how many PPV buys do you think his next PPV does? just off his name from beating conor...I think a lot comes down to how bad he beats conor.

If he just lays on top and gets a decision....idk if ppl will watch him again. If he smashes him and makes him quit. There's a chance..

He has to pull off a great post fight interview tho...imo it's either calling out Tony if Tony wins or Calling out GSP or Woodley. You know why ppl liked Ali? he talked a big game. same w tyson. Same w Floyd. Same w Conor. You have to act like the best if you want the world to watch.

If he does that, the world will watch his next fight and he'll be a star.
GSP wasn’t a huge talker, and he layed and prayed like it was going out of style.

Khabib can easily become a mid-level star if he makes Conair look foolish inside the cage.

GSP wasn’t a huge talker, and he layed and prayed like it was going out of style.

Khabib can easily become a mid-level star if he makes Conair look foolish inside the cage.

GSP became a star because of Canada....Canada sells PPVs, russia doesn't.

lots of ppl from Canada buy the PPV

"Boring fighting style" this always makes me lol. So you don't think completely mauling opponents and making them look helpless in a way never seen before is boring? Ok lol

To casuals it looks boring. He rarely finishes. All this talk about mauling and yet at the highest level he is less dangerous than GSP who got plenty of flack for not finishing.

Sure can
You’ll see him staring in the next proper 12 commercial
He’ll be the bloody carcus laying right beside the logo on the octagons blood stained floor
No carcass needed, just a bloody, furry Russian hat.

The MMA demographic is not Muslim. Or religious at all.

Pretty broad statement and probably irrelevant in a thread about potential stardom. He could absolutely pull from his demographic just like GSP or Fedor pulled from theirs.

Just needs to keep winning. It won't happen if he loses and fades away.

Get a job and then get fight pass.
I’m generalizing, of course, but the “esgiest” thing GSP ever said was “I’m not not impressed by your performance.” Other than that, he was just pretty corny. And, many of his bouts witnessed him blanketing his opponents.

Pretty broad statement and probably irrelevant in a thread about potential stardom. He could absolutely pull from his demographic just like GSP or Fedor pulled from theirs.

He has no charisma either. He's not "good looking" which matters. There are loads of reasons he won't be a star.

no. also didn't he say he's going to retire after two or three more fights?

He has no charisma either. He's not "good looking" which matters. There are loads of reasons he won't be a star.

Fedor and GSP had a lot of charisma, you're rightm

Defoe and gap combined have 7million followers
Conor has 25 million
Lol those dudes are no where close to the star Conor is

Fedor and GSP had a lot of charisma, you're rightm

Fedor wasn't a star at all. And GSP was good looking. And he had way more charisma than Khabib. Khabib can become as big a star as Fedor. No doubt.

Back