Do you think Paulo Costa can get over Israel's height and reach?

This is even more bull vs matador than before.
:D

What? He landed one decent head strike and a few pitter patter leg kicks. Costa walked him down and took him out a minute into rd2.

Dude, Tim Boetsch KO'd Hendricks faster, got hit fraction as many times, and looked like Wonderboy in the process because Hendricks was so shot.

Like I said before, Costa has done absolutely nothing in the UFC to earn the kind of confidence that people are demonstrating in his abilities.

Dude, Tim Boetsch KO'd Hendricks faster, got hit fraction as many times, and looked like Wonderboy in the process because Hendricks was so shot.

Like I said before. Costa has done absolutely nothing in the UFC to earn the kind of confidence that people are demonstrating in his abilities.
Who the fuck cares about Boetsch or Wonderboy. You purposely made up some scenerio where Hendricks beat up Costa at will.

Did absolutely nothing in the UFC but finish his 4 fights by KO. Meanwhile Adesanya got a title shot off of a 5-0 record with 2 finishes.

Last edited:
Who the fuck cares about Boetsch or Wonderboy. You purposely made up some scenerio where Hendricks beat up Costa at will.

I said that Hendricks had no problem landing on him, which is fucking true.

It's a meaningless fight against an overmatched, punch drunk opponent that a mid-level fighter in Boetsch, who nobody gives a shit about, beat even more impressively before Costa did.

The dude's resume is shit. This can't be disputed. People are only on his nuts because he's a prototypical roided Brazilian slugger.

I said that Hendricks had no problem landing on him, which is fucking true.

It's a meaningless fight against an overmatched, punch drunk opponent that a mid-level fighter in Boetsch, who nobody gives a shit about, beat even more impressively before Costa did.

The dude's resume is shit. This can't be disputed. People are only on his nuts because he's a prototypical roided Brazilian slugger.
He absolutely did have trouble landing on him. Thats why he was knocked out in 6 minutes in an absolute blow out. All that other noise dont mean anything.

Hall is a quality win too. Rob Wilkenson, and Vettori have done what? Give Costa Tavares or Brunson and he'd probably KO them too.

He absolutely did have trouble landing on him. Thats why he was knocked out in 6 minutes in an absolute blow out. All that other noise dont mean anything.

Hall is a quality win too. Rob Wilkenson, and Vettori have done what? Give Costa Tavares or Brunson and he'd probably KO them too.

LOL

Brunson stopped Hall easy in the first round, and he didn't have to hit him in the balls to set up his offense.

Seriously, this is who you're bragging about. A guy whose marquee win is over Uriah Hall.

Brunson stop Hall easy in the first round, and he didn't have to hit him in the balls to set up his offense.
So what, Costa finished him too. Hall can be inconsistant but he's got good power.

Brunson got the drop on Hall, and Hall didnt land anything on him. Im more impressed with Costa's win being able to take strikes and dish them out. Brunson would get ran through by Costa.

Adesanya got dropped with a lazy hook in the first rd by Gastelum. Nearly finished in the 4th by a headkick. If you dont think Costa has enough power to hurt Adesanya you havent been paying attention. So far he's bullied everyone he's fought.

Last edited:
Costa is NO joke. Israel is a much more technical and polished fighter but Paulo hits MUCH harder.... He is longer and wilder than Gastelum ( though he is not taking the shots Gastelum did )....it is a whole different type of fight. Raw power vs technique, Ive seen both succeed and fail.

Last edited:
izzy just beat the best gastelum we have seen to date. both of them paid a price though. give em both some extended time off. costa still has some more proving to do imo.
they both definitely paid a price for it. Agree with Costa he has more proving to do and I thought Romero was a step up too far just yet. Didn't think Costa looked that great against Uriah Hall he needs a few more notches

Costa is NO joke. Israel is a much more technical and polished fighter but Paulo hits MUCH harder.... He is longer and wilder than Gastelum ( though he is not taking the shots Gastelum did )....it is a whole different type of fight.

Costa is sloppier than Gastelum, slower, has less cardio , less wrestling abilities, worse mix-it-up.
Gastelum hits not less harder than Costa.

power vs technique, Ive seen both succeed and fail.

Yeah, right ..only raw power loses 9/10 times

Costa is sloppier than Gastelum, slower, has less cardio , less wrestling abilities, worse mix-it-up.
Gastelum hits not less harder than Costa.

Yeah, right ..only raw power loses 9/10 times
Lmao Gastelum is a fat, pudgy welterweight trying to play middleweight. His lack of discipline is what caused him to move up. Costa on the other hand is a TRUE middleweight.

You are also WAY off when you say that technique trumps power 9 times out of 10. Get hit square in the face with a 4oz glove and you will see how that ''technique'' goes down the toilet. If Israel was a hard hitter it would be a no brainer, but he aint...he hits like Bisping, Gsp, Jones and other pillowfisted guys. It's a 50-50 in my book, but hey....to each its own, if you cant see Costa winning that's ok.

Last edited:
Costa is a wild brawler Adesanya will pick him apart

no. wtf has Costa done lately.. (ever) I can't name one guy he's beaten. Besides being most sherdoggers wet dream is he even good? Because Kelvin is Elite. And throws very hard. Costa will gas after 2 then he's dead man walking. Good luck KO'ing Israel first two rounds. After that, he's done.

I think Adesanya beats him quite handily. MMA has come a long way since the swinging for the fences style that Borrachina has.
What I will say though is thank god that we have these two prospects in the ufc now to save the middlewight division

That style of fighting is by far the most entertaining. I dont respect a fighter who became champ on decisions and points alone. If you cant ko/tko someone then youre worthless

Back