Do you think the best MMA fighter at HW is the most dangerous human alive? (At hand to hand combat)

Do you think the best MMA fighter at HW is the most dangerous human alive? (At hand to hand combat)

• Total voters
Only absolute fools think otherwise.

The best basketball player is DEFINITELY in the NBA.

The best football player is DEFINITELY in the NFL.

The best baseball player is probably that Ohtani guy.

The best boxer is DEFINITELY in boxing.

Now, following along that logic, if MMA is widely agreed as the best hand to hand combat sport, then OBVIOUSLY the best hand to hand fighter is the strongest MMA fighter in the top MMA org.

I can't imagine being such a sweet summer child that you'd still believe in killer Shaolin monks,Marine fighting masters, and gigantic mountain men nobody has ever sighted before but?definitely exists.

Seriously? In 2024, in an MMA forum, there are still people gullible enough to think otherwise?

You'll find that on Sherdog there are a lot of fans of mixed martial arts who don't think martial arts work that well for some reason, despite watching evidence of it working every week.

Hard to say because the UFC HW champ wouldn't necessarily beat the same guys in Pride/Rizin rules

E.g. Mark Kerr and Mark Coleman were extremely effective when you could just sit in guard and bludgeon them with your head, but when that was outlawed it became a different game

But short of a full test of this in vale tudo rules or something, UFC HW champ has the most realistic chance of beating any other man on the planet in a no rules fight imo

Inspired by this thread.

Like he can beat virtually beat any human alive in hand to hand combat? Meaning no rules. You can gouge the eyes, you can strike the throat. You can bite. All that craziness you can do in a real fight.

230305jones1.jpg
Absolutely not the greatest singers athletes fighters may not even like doing those things or couldn't afford the training or were well off enough not to showcase or are third world ECT. I don't beleive that the few men in the mma community are the greatest in the actual world someone always has someone's number.

But in regards to the sport yes but if jbj faught every man on the planet who was over 205 pounds no he wouldn't beat them all.. even though he's the greatest UFC fighter of all time. To believe that is crazy theres billions of heavyweights and it if those billions there's anomalies of dedicated obsessed fighters who aren't competing and anomalies of naturally gifted guys who just do the right things.
And you're talking a weight class where it only takes one hit most of the time.

currently Jones would to Aspinall, Pavlovich and Blaydes.

I think Jones is too compassionate to be considered the most dangerous. It would probably be some psychopath or someone who is trained in krav maga or some 7 foot giant living in the mountains who hunts animals would be considered the most dangerous

Krav Maga?? Really?? It's trash. So is Aikido. In hand to hand combat, elite MMA fighters are the most dangerous individuals on earth when it comes to hand to hand combat.

You'll find that on Sherdog there are a lot of fans of mixed martial arts who don't think martial arts work that well for some reason, despite watching evidence of it working every week.
Yes but to be fair MMA is not life-or-death fighting. It has circumscribed rules, and it is a sport. In a life-or-death fight there are just too many variables to reliably predict the winner, assuming roughly even physical attributes among the rivals.

Obviously, strength, conditioning, and predatory aggression are going to massively tilt the odds in a fighters favor vs a regular human. The average human has no idea what to do when punched in the face. And fighter vs fighter, the MMA fighter has the general advantage over every other athlete. But there are some crazy motherfuckers that will not stop at ball-smashing, eye-gouging, raking, biting, head-butting.

Generally speaking, animals don't fight to life-and-death. If they did, there is a good chance that the winner is not leaving uncrippled or even alive for very long.

Ask John Wick or the Equaliser amongst others. I’d say No

Inspired by this thread.

Like he can beat virtually beat any human alive in hand to hand combat? Meaning no rules. You can gouge the eyes, you can strike the throat. You can bite. All that craziness you can do in a real fight.

230305jones1.jpg
Lol not even close. How can i explain that to do you that there is no thing like unbeatable. I think you have to finish your elementary school first and then let's talk again.

Holy shit it's like I'm reading the comments on a wing chun video on Facebook, where people are stuck in the 90s and are apparently oblivious to mma.
Except this is an mma forum. You guys are fucking retards
i'm not sure why sherdog said you quoted me when it appears you didn't, (maybe you edited) but i'm not talking about some sort of military training or some shit being superior. those guys can't fight for shit. i'm saying i'd personally rather have an expert background in boxing or muay thai in a self defense scenario just because it can eliminate threats more efficiently than some sort of grappling art.

I dont think nnganou, who is primarily a stand up fighter with his hands as his main weapon, could have done anything much differently.
he would have taken him down in the first 30 seconds and beat the living shit out of him... dude.. Francis has taken down UFC HW's multiple times... Conor Mcgregor outwrestled Max Holloway... in an mma fight with floyd hed take him down and beat the shit out of him... don't be daft.

Absolutely not the greatest singers athletes fighters may not even like doing those things or couldn't afford the training or were well off enough not to showcase or are third world ECT. I don't beleive that the few men in the mma community are the greatest in the actual world someone always has someone's number.

But in regards to the sport yes but if jbj faught every man on the planet who was over 205 pounds no he wouldn't beat them all.. even though he's the greatest UFC fighter of all time. To believe that is crazy theres billions of heavyweights and it if those billions there's anomalies of dedicated obsessed fighters who aren't competing and anomalies of naturally gifted guys who just do the right things.
And you're talking a weight class where it only takes one hit most of the time.
you think there are billions of men on planet earth that are over 6 ft tall and weigh over 205 pounds? Billions? there are seven billion people in the world... half of those are women... 70% of those people are asian... there are only 490 million men in the world over 6 ft tall... over 205 is going to be a % on that number... and are we counting fat guys that couldn't even throw a punch without gassing? I would honestly assume we are talking about a few million in the world that could even be viable competition in any way at all... the % of those that have ever trained in any martial art at all makes it hundreds of thousands... on the planet...

and also if you are saying they could win a single fight... I whole heartedly agree Jon Jones would lose way more than 1 fight in 500,000 like without a doubt... but he would have the best record of every 500,000 man who fought every other 500,000 men... That is what is the question... not would the HW champ go 500,000 and 0 against the worlds viable heavyweights.

Edit; I don't actually know if Jon Jones is the best HW in th MMA right now, I am just using him as the example because he is the current champ, in reality its always disputed between the top 5ish heavyweights in every era other than maybe Fedor because he really beat all the other guys in the discussion in his time.

Last edited:
Has nothing to do with watching movies.

Giant difference in a cage fight with rules, versus a life or death fight without any (which could also include weapons, etc), and if you can't decipher the difference in training and application for those, that's more your problem than mine.

I also said ELITE, not all.

BSD being FRENCH special forces prob had some to do with it too ;).

In life or death type situations I'm going to lean towards the guys trained to kill, versus trained to win under a ruleset.
Military elites primarily train with guns. Yes, they also learn hand to hand, but most of their training is about real life situations where they are navigating terrain and conducting operations.

MMA fighters specifically train unarmed combat, every day. And we are talking about the best of the best here. Special forces don't compete among themselves to determine who is the best at fighting. You pick a random guy from the special forces and they will have nowhere near the skills at unarmed combat as Jon Jones, not to mention they would be a lot smaller.

my point was.... francis is subpar at kicks and takedowns....
He is elite at them, he just doesn't primarily rely on them. Look at how he took down Stipe and then pounded his face in. He would destroy any boxer in a fight. How many of these kicks do you think most people are capable of taking?

Only absolute fools think otherwise.

The best basketball player is DEFINITELY in the NBA.

The best football player is DEFINITELY in the NFL.

The best baseball player is probably that Ohtani guy.

The best boxer is DEFINITELY in boxing.

Now, following along that logic, if MMA is widely agreed as the best hand to hand combat sport, then OBVIOUSLY the best hand to hand fighter is the strongest MMA fighter in the top MMA org.

I can't imagine being such a sweet summer child that you'd still believe in killer Shaolin monks,Marine fighting masters, and gigantic mountain men nobody has ever sighted before but?definitely exists.

The UFC extension doesn't work, bruv.

Most of those sports, except boxing, are just American sports that, like, maybe Lithuania also plays?

Except boxing where you just say "the best boxer is DEFINITELY in boxing" - but if one manager starts saying he has the best stable, therefore he has the best boxer, you'd tell him to suck a fat one, right?

MMA is a global sport with many, many promotions, and the best MMA fighter might just be someone the UFC don't particularly want to market.

Is he the best hand-to-hand combatant in the world? As always, that depends on styles and rules :)

i'm not sure why sherdog said you quoted me when it appears you didn't, (maybe you edited) but i'm not talking about some sort of military training or some shit being superior. those guys can't fight for shit. i'm saying i'd personally rather have an expert background in boxing or muay thai in a self defense scenario just because it can eliminate threats more efficiently than some sort of grappling art.
I had other quotes that I replied to differently but removed them so people could just read my 1 reply without having to look for their comment

Back