Do you think the UFC regret letting Ryan Bader go to Bellator?

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Well do ya?

When there is literally less than a handfull of talented guys at LHW left, letting Bader and Phil Davis go was the epitome of full tard.

I don't think so. In my eyes, he's only LHW and HW champion because of Bellator's level of competition. If he was in the UFC, he'd have to get through guys like Jones and DC to hold those belts.

If he was bringing in huge numbers at Bellator then maybe. The UFC is all about PPV numbers and money, so I don't think they regret it from a financial stand point

No. Ryan Bader isn’t a draw for shit still. No one cares about him. He’s BARELY (I’m legally blind) a reason for anyone to tune into a free fight card

No. He can't beat Jones or dc. That said he would be a nice addition not worth missing though.

The division is thin these days at LHW, especially given that was traditionally a strong division in MMA.

So letting Bader go probably wasn't good business overall, but only because of the current situation, not because he beat an over-the-hill Fedor and Sherdog latched onto his nuts.

He looks better at HW than LWH like Cormier (but not on DC's level). He would of given depth to the HW division which it badly needs. So yes, they should regret it but I dont think it a major loss since I don't see him beating DC or JJ.

They'll act like they don't and Fedor would've never cut it but they're just a dishonest company who talks shit about everything not under their brand. Fedor was never good, a fake..yet they were going to give him millions and wasted all their time on negotiating with someone who was all smoke and mirrors yet he destroyed around 8 of their ex Hw champions of his era. They'll use Bader as a "see, we told you so" even though he's 42 and years past his peak.

No, because employing high quality fighters is not a primary goal for the UFC, but happens only as an indirect consequence of maintaining a high profile brand in the MMA industry.

I dont think Bader regrets going to Bellator either. He's the third best lhw in the world(2nd if DC is done) and his skill/talent has never been more evident.

I don’t know if they regret it per say, but they have to know it was a mistake. He’s a top LHW and very good even at HW. Those are both extremely thin divisions and you add a guy like Bader in there and it would help a lot. He’s got a name that can headline any card except for PPV pretty much. Plus he hasn’t fought Jon Jones or DC yet. He has high value as a fighter. UFC def messed up.

Yes he just beat the GOATest of all times, he is now confirmed the GOATiest of all times.

When there is literally less than a handfull of talented guys at LHW left, letting Bader and Phil Davis go was the epitome of full tard.

Yes Bader but Phil Davis? he was absolutely boring to watch and he was obviously never gonna be even close to being a champion if anything they should have let him go sooner.

No, because employing high quality fighters is not a primary goal for the UFC, but happens only as an indirect consequence of maintaining a high profile brand in the MMA industry.
Good point. They have become more of a spectacle organization like the WWE in a lot of ways. They would rather have CM Punk and Greg Hardy than Bader.

I don't care that he isn't in the UFC, and I doubt the UFC cares much either. I never once got excited about a Ryan Bader fight.

No. Ryan Bader isn’t a draw for shit still. No one cares about him. He’s BARELY (I’m legally blind) a reason for anyone to tune into a free fight card

LHW and HW divisions are absolute garbage right now, they desperately need more talent. I definitely think UFC want to resign Bader if they have the opportunity.

I think with Zuffa, for all their faults, they were legitimately intent on signing the best talent. Endeavor is concerned with cutting costs, maximizing profit and cross-platforming their marketability. Guys like Davis and Bader were considered too expensive for their returns.

I think Davis is boring as shit, so was glad to see him go - shoot me, but I don't have interest in watching guys with B level striking and awkward, goofy stances, constantly begging for takedowns.

I rank Bader as a top 3 - 5 talent in the world at 205. If he could beat Gus(a very winnable fight) in a return fight but he most likely doesn't have another winnable fight in the top of the division.

Back