Do you think there's more than one universe?

Only on Sherdog will you see a discussion about a theoretical multi-verse devolve into an offer of butt sex.

Actually, the universe does not discriminate. You have 'black holes' and 'white holes'. One takes things in and the other spits things out. Like a big vagina and a big anus. They could be connected. In the universe, not in humans. :)

I don't know about that mumbo-jumbo so I'll fight it wit more of the same.

If the universe is not infinite and we were to drive our space ship to the edge and look beyond, what would be there, beyond the finite universe? The thought here is that time is defined as the passing of events. If you were to go outside of our universe, into the "nothing", time would cease to exist because without mass, without objects interacting with one another then there are no passing events, there are no events happening, which means there is no time outside of our universe. It only exists here.

Black is the absence of color. Could black exist without color?

The fact that you exist to type these messages in this universe is a possibility of near 0. In fact the probability of even a single amino acid creating itself at random is near 0. The fine tuning problem of the universe places our very existence at near 0.

Ah, there it is. There is a God after all. Well, there had to be one because of these...

Second, the universe doesn't lose energy. It's total energy is constant. A closed system doesn't lose or gain energy.

Yeah. Like all the water on earth. It is constantly changing from a gas, to a liquid, to a solid. Nothing will ever be added or taken away.

I'm not sure Einstein said that.

There the multiverse brane theory and the parallel universe theory of quantum mechanics. Neither have been proven.
I like to think of micro universe as another Universe?

You get down to scales where things that wwe interact with in this universe are just empty air in the micro universe.

Black is the absence of color. Could black exist without color?

If black is the absence of color, then why are black people commonly referred to as people of color

Roll-Safe-Think-About-It.jpg

Last edited:
I like to think of micro universe as another Universe?

...and the law of physics change at the 'micro' and 'macro' level. But at what point? Einstein was working on that before he died. ...and why does critical mass in a hydrogen bomb create every element that has ever existed in the universe prior to explosion?

...and the law of physics change at the 'micro' and 'macro' level. But at what point? Einstein was working on that before he died. ...and why does critical mass in a hydrogen bomb create every element that has ever existed in the universe prior to explosion?
Let me finish my sammich and I answer that one for you.

...and why does critical mass in a hydrogen bomb create every element that has ever existed in the universe prior to explosion?
Let me finish my sammich and I answer that one for you.

What is more amazing is how the fuck do we even know that that occurs? It is not like you can replicate it in a laboratory.

A hydrogen bomb doesn't create every element.

Ah, yes it does. At least according to these guys. Start at 2:45:

Never heard of that before. Not extremely knowledgeable in Nuclear weapons but I do know Nuclear physics and fusion in stars. Always thought H bombs fuse isotopes of Hydrogen and maybe a few other heavier elements. This seems to be supported here:

http://www.encyclopedia.com/social-...nment/military-affairs-nonnaval/hydrogen-bomb

"The presumable structure of a thermonuclear bomb is as follows: at its center is an atomic bomb; surrounding it is a layer of lithium deuteride (a compound of lithium and deuterium, the isotope of hydrogen with mass number 2); around it is a tamper, a thick outer layer, frequently of fissionable material, that holds the contents together in order to obtain a larger explosion. Neutrons from the atomic explosion cause the lithium to fission into helium, tritium (the isotope of hydrogen with mass number 3), and energy. The atomic explosion also supplies the temperatures needed for the subsequent fusion of deuterium with tritium, and of tritium with tritium (50,000,000°C and 400,000,000°C, respectively). Enough neutrons are produced in the fusion reactions to produce further fission in the core and to initiate fission in the tamper."

Last edited:
Yes, it's quite interesting. Some like to interpret the ambiguity around time as meaning it isn't real, but I think it's an emergent property of the universe.

The conversation is above my pay grade. I just enjoy reading things I have no business reading or interpreting. The ideas that time is either in some way illusory, or as you say, an emergent property of the universe, are both mind blowing, at least to me. You inspired me to go reading about these topics and I found this article in Popular Science. Its about time being an illusion or not real. That is not to say that I disagree with what you were talking about, time being emergent. I have no idea, both ideas are really neat to me.

The "rebels" who fight the Big Bang theory are mostly attempting to grapple with the concept of time. They are philosophers as much as cosmologists, unsatisfied with the Big Bang, unimpressed with string theory and unconvinced of the multiverse. Julian Barbour, British physicist, author, and major proponent of the idea of timeless physics, is one of those rebels--so thoroughly a rebel that he has spurned the world of academics.

Julian Barbour's solution to the problem of time in physics and cosmology is as simply stated as it is radical: there is no such thing as time.

Isaac Newton thought of time as a river flowing at the same rate everywhere. Einstein changed this picture by unifying space and time into a single 4-D entity. But even Einstein failed to challenge the concept of time as a measure of change. In Barbour's view, the question must be turned on its head. It is change that provides the illusion of time. Channeling the ghost of Parmenides, Barbour sees each individual moment as a whole, complete and existing in its own right. He calls these moments "Nows."

https://www.popsci.com/science/article/2012-09/book-excerpt-there-no-such-thing-time

Barbour goes on to explain in the article that all these "Nows" are just like, existing on their own, independent of anything else and this arrangement of things, is Now. The arrangement changes and that is what we perceive as time. He explains somewhat by saying the following.

"What really intrigues me," says Barbour, "is that the totality of all possible Nows has a very special structure. You can think of it as a landscape or country. Each point in this country is a Now and I call the country Platonia, because it is timeless and created by perfect mathematical
rules." The question of "before" the Big Bang never arises for Barbour because his cosmology has no time. All that exists is a landscape of configurations, the landscape of Nows. "Platonia is the true arena of the universe," he says, "and its structure has a deep influence on whatever
physics, classical or quantum, is played out in it." For Barbour, the Big Bang is not an explosion in the distant past. It's just a special place in Platonia, his terrain of independent Nows.

Well, that is the problem with these guys. They keep finding new stuff every couple of years. Some of it contradictory to the previous findings. And Stephen Hawking, I'm so tired of his bullshit. He just loves media attention. He is not even in the top 10 physicists in the world. Amazing he is still alive. I had a friend die from ALS, Lou Gehrig's disease, and it went fast. Hawkins is a 'has been'. Should learn to keep his mouth shut for once. Go back to reading Penthouse magazines and fondling his wife who used to be his nurse.

I don't know what his actual job title is but I've always found the lectures of Leonard Susskind to be mind blowing. I honestly think he is one of the most brilliant thinkers alive right now.

Back