Do you want to go home again?

No. I tried that when I left the military because I didn't really have anywhere to go. It sucked.

Oh, believe me, Sedona's not cheap. But it's a lot less expensive than Newport Beach is where my wife originally wanted to return to. And we don't need anything larger than the 2000 square foot house that we have because it's just my wife & I & our two cats. So, we're good.

But, yeah, I've heard that things are much less expensive in Florida. I'm glad you found someplace that fits your budget & that you're looking forward to moving to. It sounds like a sweet deal. It wouldn't work for me though because I can't stand humidity. I don't mind the heat at all as long as it's a dry heat but when combined with humidity it just makes me miserable. So, Florida is a definite no for me.
Nice. My cousin lives in sedona...a hippy jeweler (arnt they all lolz)... Beautiful place.

Honestly, I miss the super small rural town life. I recently went back to my home town (population: about 250) just to check a few things out. I was snapping pictures of the place my dad used to work, and someone randomly drove up to see what I was up to. Got to talking to them, and it turned out the guy knew me and my folks from WAAAAAAAY back when I was just a kid and his wife was a teacher. Wound up going to their place for dinner, and talking about family and whatnot for a few hours. Got a good meal out of it, and was told to come back any time. I mean seriously, how often does that happen in a larger city? The city I live in now I don't know shit about my neighbors aside from one is retired and the other has dogs. But I go back to my home town and wind up having dinner and chatting with someone that knew my family 30 years ago. Thats the kind of community I enjoy can't wait to move back to.

I visit my shit ass hometown once a month as I have family there. I could never live there. But I do love it. It has barely changed since I've been born.

I'm from OH. I will never live there, or most midwestern places again. The only way I can make it work is if I'm making like $400k/year with 8 weeks off per year, both of which will never happen.

I might visit Serbia someday,gimme some general reccomendations!

Hey, sorry for the belated reply - Belgrade is a must, it's a vibrant, beautiful city with high energy and electric nightlife (when we're not in the middle of a fucking plague). Young people, lots of historical landmarks, big cafe culture, lots of park and lots of great food. If you're up for some non-city sightseeing, there's plenty of historical sites throughout the countryside, churches and monasteries hundreds of years old, lakes, old Roman excavation sites, peculiar natural formations (Djavolja Varoš), rivers, spa towns and mountains (Kopaonik is a popular tourist destination for skiers, but Zlatibor, Tara and Zlatar are quite beautiful as well, with hiking trails and beautiful lakes of their own. There's a lot to see and do in Serbia even though economically it's not in great shape, but western currency will get you a bang for the buck that's hard to beat anywhere in Europe. Hope you get to go my man!

I plan on retiring back in Texas where I'm from, but I'd never live in my hometown in Texas again. It just feels like I'd be trying to chase the feeling of old memories tbh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jess_bjj
Back