*Doctor Who discussion thread V2: Time Paradox *

Smith took about an hour to convince me. Fucker nailed it first episode.

Only reason I liked smith was because of Amy pond. He slowly grew on me.

Still prefer him over eccleston tho. I found him too cocky and an asshole.

Really loved the whole episode I love the last part the best

I think he did, we all know that the doctor will kill if he has to.

Strax calling Clara little boy makes me laugh every time.

yea i know it was juist a bit shocking. i guess when he said that one of us is lying about the way we're programmed flew a bit over my head.

should have known better.

I enjoyed that episode. A lot. Clara is really close to being my favorite companion. It's between her and Rose.

Really loved the whole episode I love the last part the best

it was nice having smith have closure with clara. and when capaldi was like i didnt need to listen in, it was me. i just smiled.

its gonna be a good year. daleks already coming up in episode 2 as well.!

hoping missy isnt the main antagonist this season tho

it was nice having smith have closure with clara. and when capaldi was like i didnt need to listen in, it was me. i just smiled.

It like Clara did not wanna accept what happened to the doctor until matt Smith that is still me she knows he has had many faces

Paul McGann, the 8th Doctor, will be appearing at my local Comic Expo next month. Thinking about going to meet him. Loved his mini-sode The Night of the Doctor. It made me want to watch his TV movie.

Yeah who the heck is this Missy, I don't even like her name lol. I smiled when Peter said I'm not your boyfriend it was like the show runners were like see we listened when ya'll were saying the doctor is falling in love to much.

My theory on who is keeping Clara and the doctor together: future version of Clara.

Doctor: who gave you my number a long time ago?
Clara: the woman in the shop

Who else would know the Tardis' number?

Doctor: from the impossible girl-
Clara: for the impossible girl-

I heard it as "from the impossible girl, for the impossible girl"

My theory on who is keeping Clara and the doctor together: future version of Clara.

Doctor: who gave you my number a long time ago?
Clara: the woman in the shop

Who else would know the Tardis' number?

Doctor: from the impossible girl-
Clara: for the impossible girl-

I heard it as "from the impossible girl, for the impossible girl"

Clara has appeared in the future and the past without the doctor taking her there.

I watched the newest episode and doctor last night and I was very disappointed in the writing and continuity. Of course the show is a fantasy but throughout the series, certain norms have been established. Somehow a T-Rex swallowed the TARDIS when a T-Rex was too small to do that. The T-Rex was transported to London because the TARDIS was inside it when the TARDIS has been inside other things and didn't bring them along. The T-Rex was in the Thames and was as tall as the 315 ft Big Ben tower when a T-rex was 40 ft long from the tip of it's tail to the end of it's snout. All of this at the start of the episode ruined it for me. I'm afraid it might ruin this doctor for me as well.

I watched Deep Breath this Monday in the cinema. It makes a total difference watching it in theaters with fellow Whovians. If I watched in at home I would have found the episode just OK. But the atmosphere bumped it up to awesome. I like how they're building up The Twelfth Doctor. He's a great mystery that will hopefully be solved by the finale.

Man this episode looked fantastic in theaters. I couldn't tell if I was watching a TV show or movie. The theater version received a 5 minute prequel with Strax "educating" the audience about each Doctor. It was one of the most hilarious Doctor Who moments I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Anyone have any more "Missy" theories?

Not yet. Gonna need more than just her picking up corpses.

Loved the line about the Doctor being a good Dalek. It's true. He's probably responsible for more deaths than the Daleks.

Basically, all I can surmise about Missy is that she isn't necessarily looking for people who hate The Doctor.

I'm liking Capaldi's run so far, though I just wish he had RTD writing for him instead.

So, anyone wanna place bets on whether Capaldi's Doctor ends up being the Valeyard? I'm thinking it's looking kind of likely at this point

So, anyone wanna place bets on whether Capaldi's Doctor ends up being the Valeyard? I'm thinking it's looking kind of likely at this point

This new Doctor is pretty intense and cold, he could become the Valeyard.

2nd episode was good, I think Capaldi has found his pacing for this new Doctor pretty fast.

Back