Does a US prosecutor need to speak proper English?

DamasR

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

listen to this prosecutors accent, i have a hard time believing how he could have graduated from any law school in the US.

listen to this prosecutors accent, i have a hard time believing how he could have graduated from any law school in the US.

Well it looks like he did. So obviously you have no idea what you're talking about.

Understood him fine -- thick accent but he was speaking proper English.

It's a heavy accent but I could understand him

Accents are cool, just as long as they speak proper English.

you understood every word really?

Well i only watched 5 mins, but that was enough time to debunk your claim

But to answer your question: Yes, i speak English -- so does the person in question and thus, i understood him

Everyone else understood him too -- maybe the issue is with your comprehension.

I had no problem understanding him and his grammar was perfect. Also, I don't speak Spanish and did not grow up around Spanish speaking immigrants.

I was expecting worse .. you can understand him pretty much .. maybe a couple words here or there that are a bit garbled but he's ok

giphy.gif

Well it looks like he did. So obviously you have no idea what you're talking about.

I can't understand what many southerners are saying. Should the fix their accents too?

Edit: I watched the video and I understood him fine. I'm in Canada BTW.

i guess im the only one...

I understood him as well. He does have a thick accent but its mostly proper English. I've heard southerners with thicker accents (but also understandeable)...

btw - love the Ulysses31 avatar!

That dude is a stenographer's worst nightmare.

It took my brain a few seconds to fully process many of his words, phrases, etc.

1.If the president doesn't have to speak proper english why should anyone else.

2. He spoke proper english, he just has a heavy accent. I heard people from the NE speak with heavier accents(CAH instead of CAR).
Your accent doesnt mean weather or not you can handle speaking english properly.

Wasn't bad at all. Soft consonants aren't hard for me to understand.
At least it wasn't some god awful nasal twang.
To be honest though, the only accented English I've ever really struggled with is certain Brit accents.
I find Geordie and Scouse accents pretty much unintelligible.

Stuff like this makes me glad I reside in Broward and not Miami-Dade.

Back