Does Adesanya have to beat Poatan 4 times now?

MMA isn't kickboxing

If he wins twice it's over

He'd be 2-1 in MMA

And depending on how how the fight goes there is chance that Alex won't get a rematch

100%. And if it was anyone but Izzy on the losing end of the KB bouts, this is what everyone else would say too.

Semi-serious question, more like, does it really put a stamp on the rivalry if Izzy wins a decision in his 4th fight with Poatan?
Feels like we're headed for a Figgy-Moreno kind of situation if Izzy wins, stymieing the division.
All the more reason to root for Alex.
<{outtahere}>

I'm not that excited for the rematch. Not too interested in seeing tip tap buttfucker go to sleep again & having his Chinese cartoon fanbase explain why he is still the better fighter.

Semi-serious question, more like, does it really put a stamp on the rivalry if Izzy wins a decision in his 4th fight with Poatan?

I'm hoping Alex wins again because I dont wat a 3rd/5th fight between these 2

Considering that Izzy got finished and still got a rematch, in what scenario would the 2nd fight not warrant a rematch?

There are no circumstances under which Pereira, who debuted in the UFC 15 months ago, would warrant a "rematch" if he fails to retain his title.

Izzy was a long reigning champion that is why he is entitled to an automatic rematch.

The two are not the same.

I’d love to see Izzy put in a grappling clinic. Show some evolution and an actual MIXED skill set.

There are no circumstances under which Pereira, who debuted in the UFC 15 months ago, would warrant a "rematch" if he fails to retain his title.

Izzy was a long reigning champion that is why he is entitled to an automatic rematch.

Who else? Izzy v Whittaker 3? Vittori 2? Brunson?!?

It's not about deserve, and the decision isn't made in a vacuum. If Poatan loses he probably gets a three-match for lack of a better choice.

Such is the world of "MMA money fights" that we all find ourselves in :(

Kickboxing shouldn't count. He will probably fight a trilogy if he wins a MMA fight though. I feel that Alex is easy straight forward for some of the contenders but a hard matchup on the feet for Israel. Maybe Israel can really work on his takedowns. He had a fairly easy time controlling Alex on the ground.

Yeah I guess I agree

However I don't think it should work that way. It means the champion can essentially tie the score and ride away in the sunset. And I don't think a 3rd match is good either, the endless rematches suck.

I think when champions get finished they should always need 1 win to get a titleshot back, even if they were long reigning. It would give the opportunity to defend relevancy against an up n comer, and prevent rising guys from killing each other

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zygmunt
Back