Does Aljo have a chance?

This would be bigger upset than gsp serra

Outside of the “it’s a fight anything can happen” chance? No I don’t think so. Yan is better everywhere he outgrappled him in the first fight which seemed like it would be Aljos clearest path to victory.

First fight was not competitive. I re-watched it just to make sure I remembered correctly.

Yan was measured in his approach in the first round took over after that at no point was he threatened by Aljo. He destroyed him in the grappling exchanges and once he was happy with his range and rhythm he pieced Aljo standing.

Aljo knows this.

He has a possible hail mary sub in the first round after that He is getting finished by Yan.

It is what it is.

Eh sure there's a chance. I mean he did catch Petr with a couple of flying knees and headkicks. It's gonna take something like that because he ain't hurting nobody with his pillowfists, he ain't dominating Yan with his grappling or outworking him for 5 rounds.

Yan is the #1 p4p imo. He is a better fighter than Usman, Volkanovski and Adesanya. Sterling is just a top 5 bantamweight, very good but nothing special. That submission of Sandhagen made him look like one of the best grapplers in the world but then Yan exposed both Aljo and Sandy's grappling by stuffing 16 TD attempts.

Last edited:
Of course he has a chance, he is a pro fighter and one of the best UFC BW's. People chatting like Yan knocked him out cold in 5 seconds of 1st round. Its really weird.

Sure he has a chance but think Yan takes it.

I don't see how Alga wins this, unless Yan has another off night.

If Aljo can win another one of these sherdog will blow up

OIP.N3MdAA9ehko78obxiJPpaQHaL7

Of course he has a chance, i think he looked very good in the first 2 rounds. But i obviously favour Yan.

If he can get the takedown reliably, he'll win. If not, he gets pieced up.

UFC is a violent game show.

So, Yes — Aljo has a chance to Win, just like last time he faced and defeated Yan.

It doesn’t matter who the better fighter is — you’ve got to win the game.

If Aljo can finally get Yan to the ground then yes his chances go up big time

Aljo was arguably up 2-1 after 3 rounds the 1st fight. He didn't win those rounds grappling, he won them striking.

Sterling wasted a lot of energy early on takedown attempts that Yan completely shut down. The Big punch to end round 1 was also an adrenaline dump

Shore those up, have a little different game plan. SURE, I can see Aljo winning a dec on the feet.

I think Yan is so pissed off at this point that he could end up disqualified again. I think that's Aljo's most likely path to victory

It’s the cool internet thing to do to crap on Aljo and to a large extent he does deserve it.

But with that said, he seemed to mentally crumble in the moment. All that flopping around I thought Aljo was having a panic attack in there. Skill for skill if he stayed more composed he could pull it off. This may be a weird comparison but If he stayed as composed and as slick on the feet as Rose, it could be his fight.

The above is not to take ANYTHING away from Yan as he is a beast. I’m just saying there is a path to victory for Aljo. He just needs to have his head right.

I’d lean 60/40 in Yans favor for the rematch. Aljo is still a very live dog, again only if he gets his mind right, stays composed, and doesn’t panic.

for kicks, try watching their first fight with R Kelly “I Believe I Can Fly” in the background. Trust me it’s hilarious

Back