Does andrei have a chance against werdum?

Yes, because Andrei can still throw accurate combinations and counters past the 1st round. His problem has been his chin, getting stopped early. Improved his conditioning after the Rizzo loss. But this version of him that's more backfooted is a tough fight for Werdum, who mixes punching well with knees & kicks, but isn't a power striker. Andrei's also a competent grappler.

I'd say Werdum has his hands full with AA, Overeem, JDS and even Sergei, still. Good strikers who don't rely on wrestling to win. A rematch with Cain will be tough as well, as Cain will train like a madman like he did after the JDS loss.

I think he matches up well. They have both improved since they first fought. I think Werdum will look to pressure Andrei and Andrei would have to look to counter on the feet, could be an exciting fight

He's pretty solid and the division is horrible so maybe. I could see him taking out Werdum but JDS would knock him out I believe.

He has more than a chance. Jackson/Wink gameplan and striking go to Arlovski.

I agree. No one knows Werdum better than Werdum. It would be an intriguing match with both having very close similarities in skillsets.

i disagree i think werdum would win since he knows himself well
he would create a good gameplan against werdum,he would avoid going to the ground since he knows what he himself is capable of

i believe either werdum wins by knockout or werdum wins by a last minute submission done to himself

its a close fight

I think it would be a great fight this time. They should book it.

can you see him beat werdum in any way?
right now i am not so sure,andrei does have good knockout power
so maybe if he was in control of the fighting rage and waited for the right time to place that hard strike he could take the win

i say right now werdum is still too much for him

what do you think?

Chance? I would say that he is likely favored over Werdum. He actually has the best shot out of all of the contenders.

Just like I thought Werdum was a bad match up on paper for Cain, Arlovski is a bad match up on paper for Werdum.

Arlvoski has the best takedown defense in heavyweight history, has never been submitted, has heavy hands, good cardio and has beaten Werdum in the past.

Werdum doesn't seem to do well against guys straight stand up fighters. I think both JDS and Arlovski beat him but it will be a lot closer these days due to his improved stand up.

so maybe if he was in control of the fighting rage and waited for the right time to place that hard strike he could take the win

what do you think?

Werdum has a crazy strong chin on him. Don't see Arlovski KO'ing him. Arlovski's current win streak is against guys who do not have Werdum's level of skill set. Werdum by smiling guillotine or lights out for Andre, his choice.

I agree. No one knows Werdum better than Werdum. It would be an intriguing match with both having very close similarities in skillsets.

Werdum would beat Werdum via whoopee cushion trolling

A massive underdog just humiliated Cain Velasquez in Mexico City and next day first thing I see is a thread negating a HW legend any chance to become champion against the former underdog. You people never stop.

Anyways, I think Werdum would win. Just can't take these "fighter A has NO CHANCE against fighter B".

what do you think?

Yup, he's done it before and I think he'll do it again. Werdum's straights and jabs are looking great but I doubt they'll put Arlovski to sleep. His knees could but Arlovski will be too fast and use angles too well. Arlovski >>> Cain in technical stand up.

What's exciting is Werdum has to fight every fight so differently, and he has the tools to do so. If he gets matched up with AA (which I think is the better fight to make) he will have to turn the tables and pressure him instead of the counter/defend game he just used against Cain. If he can close the distance and force clinches I do see him getting a take down, probably tko'ing Arlovski if he's not willing to give up a sub.

Back